New Michael Portillo series

D9020 Nimbus

Looking forward to this series. There doesn't seem to be much advanced information about each of the episodes, but it would appear that in episode 2 on the 15th of November, MP travels from Hungary to Austria. No doubt I'll be recording these programmes too, so that I can watch them at my leisure, in peace!!

I also see on Facebook that series 4 of Great British Railway Journeys has been commissioned and is due for release on Monday 7th January 2013. Twenty five 30 minute episodes again I think. More recording!!

• RMweb Gold

The reprint of the Bradshaws 1913 Continental Guide which Michael Portillo uses in the programmes is now in the shops. It's just under 3.5" thick.

I treated myself to a copy while I was in Hexham this morning.

David

• 3 weeks later...

This evening Portillo is on a train wearing a pinkish Jacket and a lime green shirt,

asking people what they think of a perfume he's asking them to sample.

My mother gave me some sound advice for these situations..... :nono:

I'm enjoying this series too, BUT, my wife now want's to travel, visit some of the places highlighted,

trouble is, it will be from my £ account.

Yes its been a good start,didnt know about the great flood in Paris and that it could happen again. The trip in the Hartz mountains was atmospheric and I enjoyed the Woopertal monorail ,seeing those ICE,s makes me wish we had some over here and all those double deckers ,o,boy.My wife likes his jackets and shirts, keeps suggesting I try wearing some but I am a short old chap and not as well off as Portillo!

Archived