Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

Roger the plumber came around yesterday to do the valley between the old and new roofs, so not a lot of progress visually. However, this has allowed me today to crack on with tiling the roof, about three quarters done. If the rain stays off, I should get it finished tomorrow!!

post-10660-0-04783200-1429896942_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Roger the plumber came around yesterday to do the valley between the old and new roofs, so not a lot of progress visually. However, this has allowed me today to crack on with tiling the roof, about three quarters done. If the rain stays off, I should get it finished tomorrow!!

attachicon.gifShedEx7.jpg

I see you've started weathering the roof tiles already :jester:

• Like 1

Well the Weather God must be a Railway Modeller, just got the last ridge tile fixed in place as the first shower struck!! 

post-10660-0-78597400-1429975225_thumb.jpg

Now I can start on getting some walls clad but not till Monday, playing with the big trainset tomorrow!

• Like 8

Door & frame removed from old shed and opening made good. Door & frame fitted in extension. Straps fitted to secure frame to base. Cladding removed from rear of old shed and de-nailed. Cladding fitted to door end and start made on rear. 

post-10660-0-58916200-1430415017_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Had quite a good day today, all the shiplap cladding is now on and I have given it a coat of preserver inside and out( nearly choked myself spraying the inside). As can be seen from the picture, there is a bit of tidying up to do around the door and the apex. Felt need finishing off at both ends. Hopefully will be ordering the plasterboard and insulation next week and sorting out the electrics in the meantime. Now its beer time!!

post-10660-0-70405500-1430497302_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

So Bank Holiday over and back at it. Today has been a little like tunnel construction, I have celebrated a breakthrough!!

post-10660-0-91882900-1430844913_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-64464800-1430844917_thumb.jpg

A shot from each side showing the crew access nearest and the opening for the railway. Tomorrow is electrics so probably nothing visual to show and if Mr Wickes is true to his word, the plasterboard should arrive so insulating and boarding on Thursday!!

• Like 11

Well Mr Wickes was true to his word, all delivered at 1000hrs. A long day was spent doing the first fix on the electrics, also re wiring the lighting in the existing shed. Today was able to make a start on boarding out and insulation, both ends done and first ceiling board in place.

post-10660-0-50152700-1431016539_thumb.jpg

When I first took early retirement I used to do this sort of thing to make money, "cottage walloping" we called it. I remember now why I gave it up, it b****y hurts!!! 

More of the same tomorrow.

• Like 8

Looking interesting (from an old Leodian).

I have always been fascinated by the "Missing Station" since I was a child, I was also fascinated with the concept of the interesting double level goods yard after learning about the existing wagon hoist.

Again I was also interested in how and where the canal used to pass under the LNER station back into the Aire after spending much time in the Dark Arches there.

There are some great images of the whole centre of Leeds in the 20s and 30s in the http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/ web site too

• Like 1

Electrics re connected and boarding complete. Next job - to get plastered. Well not tomorrow because I am off to the Eastern Region to run some trains on the GN Mainline.

post-10660-0-99425500-1431544697_thumb.jpgpost-10660-0-15429000-1431544701_thumb.jpg

• Like 11