Leeds City, the Midland Side, in 4mm.

TheLaird

• 3 weeks later...

The last piece of track in the North FY was laid at 1300hrs on Monday, so the PWay gang have been laid off early for Christmas. There is still a fair bit of track to go down but I have decided to crack on with the electrics to get something running. So the S&T boys are now in charge connecting everything up and getting some juice sorted. I anticipate this is going to take some time, its not one of those jobs to rush as its got to be right. 

post-10660-0-96181100-1481307879_thumb.jpg

I have sub contracted the building of servo controllers to a firm in Derby and my Chief Electrical supplier in Staffordshire is hard at it preparing more relay boards, connectors and of course some new signal boxes. Engine Shed Junction and Whitehall junction (Aka the Fiddle Yards) will have control panels also the North Carriage sidings as certain members of my operating team can't get to grips with the frame!! Of course the Junction box is having a new frame, this time it will be as per the prototype with 69 levers. The old carriage siding frame will be re used as a representation of Leeds West, controlling movements in and out of the South side as well as departures to Farnley Jct. So all in all I won't be twiddling me thumbs waiting for Santa - but now, beer time!

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I tried....  I tried..... to quote from the above without repeating it alll, but I failed, I failed, and I failed again.... so I gave up.

All I was trying to ask was...

If the frame has 69 levers, does that mean it can be operated from the Front and the Back... or was that Top & Bottom?

Best Regards

Ia n

The firm in Derby can advise completion of 50% of the current build phase, but it is awaiting an answer to a contractual query as the requirements specification is missing some vital information. LDs, in the form of beer, may be invoked. :yes:

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

the North Carriage sidings as certain members of my operating team can't get to grips with the frame!! 

Of course, on the prototype LCN the points in the north carriage sidings would've been hand operated so... no frame there in reality.

However, individually hand operated points in the yard would be akin to using 3-link couplings and probably equally frustrating. It was the double slip at the west end that caused the grief as I recall John so I'll be very interested to see what solutions to that you manage to come up with.

Edited by Leander

So having gone completely around the bend, the P-Way gang are now all on the Fiddle!!

attachicon.gifNFY 02-12-16a.jpg

attachicon.gifNFY 02-12-16b.jpg

attachicon.gifNFY 02-12-16c.jpg

The North Fiddle Yard that is.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but is the Peco turntable EM, and if so how did you convert it to EM if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks,

Peter

• RMweb Premium

I fitted two of these on Carlisle, converted to EM by soldering a track panel over the 00 rails (upside down) and then removing the sleepers. The locos run on the foot rather than the head of the rail but this is only for a fiddle yard, the Peco turntable is far too big for the UK anyway.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but is the Peco turntable EM, and if so how did you convert it to EM if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter, the turntable is still OO at the moment and needs converting to EM. I have been pondering how to do this but in the subsequent post to yours Michael has come up with an idea I may try. Watch this space as they say.

John E