SR TLV

ianwales

Hi all

My latest project is to renumber and detail 2 x Bachmann BG's as 2 of the SR based TLV's, one of which will be numbered as 68203 which I am given to understand kept its maroon livery on conversion until early 1970, the other will be a Blue/Grey example. I am using MJT cast pipes for the ends, but, I have one query. I have had a look at a couple of photos of the ends of these coaches which clearly show the MU cables to the left of the corridor connection(I understand these conversions kept their corridor connections?) but, because the photos I have seen were taken from a distance I can't make out if there was anything added to the right of the Corridor, any help with this would be gratefully received.

Ian

Hi all

My latest project is to renumber and detail 2 x Bachmann BG's as 2 of the SR based TLV's, one of which will be numbered as 68203 which I am given to understand kept its maroon livery on conversion until early 1970, the other will be a Blue/Grey example. I am using MJT cast pipes for the ends, but, I have one query. I have had a look at a couple of photos of the ends of these coaches which clearly show the MU cables to the left of the corridor connection(I understand these conversions kept their corridor connections?) but, because the photos I have seen were taken from a distance I can't make out if there was anything added to the right of the Corridor, any help with this would be gratefully received.

Ian

post-509-0-40597600-1352666036_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi David,

Many Thanks for the picture of the end, very helpfull indeed.

Do you have any that show the location of the EP brake chest on the Underframe at all please?

Thanks in Advance.

Mike

Hi Mike

Sorry but I don't have anyting better. I've only ever seen them in passing as such.

Onthe Semg Yahoo group, there is a guy by the name of Mark Brinton who will probably know.

May I suggest you join and ask the question there.

Sorry I can't help mate.

Dave

Hi, I too have been working on my model of TLV S68203 in maroon, so the image of the end details is very, very useful.

I am using Replica Railways parts for the MU cables, a bit expensive but they look the part and can be easily installed in one millimeter holes.

I have modified the Bachmann BG with Keen Systems close coupling units, so not sure how this going to interact with the bogie mounted couplings on the Bachmann MLV, especially as all my stock is fitted with Kadees which is my preferred standard.

Be interesting to see who gets an image of a completed TLV on this topic first!

Cheers

Archived