Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Holiday Quiz

Andy Y

And they hopefully illustrate that there's lots of quality content on here that many people haven't got as far as seeing before. ;)

Definitely! I found newhaven by accident looking for the answer to tonights quiz questions - will be adding it to my favourites after I'm done going through all the pics! :)

• RMweb Gold

And they hopefully illustrate that there's lots of quality content on here that many people haven't got as far as seeing before. ;)

You can say that again - I seem to find myself spending longer trying to run down the identity of some things than I do on the jigsaws :blink: However in some cases I've got the answer long before finishing the jigsaw :)

• RMweb Premium

I recognised Keyhaven by just putting a few pieces together but had no idea about the second one - but even with my limited prototype knowledge I realised that it was a Southern based layout and put that into a search in the layouts section, then after a few results I spotted one called Newhaven and made the connection between the two. First day Chesterfield was an easy one with the crooked spire but I had no idea about the second, day 2 kept me up until 1.00am but I had no idea what layouts they were, day 3 with the railways in the snow, I remembered seeing them and then it was just a case of searching for the originals.

Off out now (Mary wants to go shopping - she can't decide if I'm mad or sad :D ) Don't start the next one without me ;)

Mike

Interesting that several people have mentioned recognising Chesterfield by the crooked spire. In my case, I spotted Larry's distinctive colouring style well before I had enough pieces in place to see the spire. So, it was easy to find the original by a quick scan through his gallery. Like others, though, I simply had no idea about the second picture, other than that it could be LNER :blink: The rest I've either remembered seeing them before or just had to do a laborious search...

Nick

Just so I can maybe not spoil too much of your evenings I thought I'd drop the puzzles out early tonight!

One easy one and one stinker; the only thing is I won't know which one you will find hard. :lol:

Puzzle 9

Puzzle 10

Happy New Year to all playing!?  :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Wrap up warm then Nick, it's cold out. ;)

I agree - just got back from a walk around the village to clear my head after doing the puzzles. Heard lots of fireworks going off which made me wonder why?? Midnight I can understand but why at 10.00pm unless WW3 has broken out and no one told me :D

Mike

I really only meant 'out' as far as the quiz was concerned, though I did venture out into the garden to clear my head after failing to find tonight's answers :rolleyes: I worked out 'what' they were, but couldn't do better than 'England' for 'where', and I'm not entirely confident that's right for the b/w pic. The laugh is on me really as earlier this evening I'd posted something extolling the virtues of searching, but tonight my searching skills failed miserably to find the originals :icon_redface:

Nick

ps. Happy New Year to all

Those ones with the small pieces are hard - it took me a good few hours just to print them onto paper & cut the pieces out....

Actually, I discovered a bit of a cheat for doing lots of blue sky, but I couldn't possibly repeat it on here.... ;)

Well done again to Jonathan on Day 5 who built up an unassailable lead with a day to spare (which means he can take tonight off)!

Day 6.jpg

Thank you to Dr K. for the image of the Western leaving Derby - http://www.rmweb.co....image&img=10922 - I did that one just to see if Mike Bellamy would get it!

Thanks to owentherail for the APT-E snap taken between Didcot and Swindon on speed trials -? http://www.rmweb.co....php?f=7&t=36769,

The connection between the two was that each was roughly where the other was more likely to be found.

There's no connection between tonight's puzzles though, these will be posted a little later tonight.

As a small footnote I discovered an email from Steve Sykes in my Spam folder today which would have given him 3 points on day 3 so I've tagged those onto yesterday's scores. Apologies Steve.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you to Dr K. for the image of the Western leaving Derby - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=10922 - I did that one just to see if Mike Bellamy would get it!

Thanks to owentherail for the APT-E snap taken between Didcot and Swindon on speed trials -? http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36769,

The connection between the two was that each was roughly where the other was more likely to be found.

There's no connection between tonight's puzzles though, these will be posted a little later tonight.

That was Derby was it :D shows how much I know doesn't it - at least I recognised it as a Western - but even then I checked a few google images to make sure. Even if I had known it was a photo from Peter K it wouldn't have made any difference as I'm not a train spotter :rolleyes:

I have my Mickleover Club duties later - collecting the cash - so I doubt I'll feature again on the leader board - however it's been great fun and an almost pleasant way to spend the evening

Congratulations to Jonathan :icon_clap:

Mike :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

That was Derby was it biggrin.gif shows how much I know doesn't it - at least I recognised it as a Western - but even then I checked a few google images to make sure. Even if I had known it was a photo from Peter K it wouldn't have made any difference as I'm not a train spotter rolleyes.gif

I have my Mickleover Club duties later - collecting the cash - so I doubt I'll feature again on the leader board - however it's been great fun and an almost pleasant way to spend the evening

Congratulations to Jonathan icon_clap.gif

Mike icon_wave.gif

I thought the APT-E was in the Swindon area, although I had no idea of where the Western Picture was!!

Archived