Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Holiday Quiz

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks Andy for the 'Holiday Quiz'; Mrs GWR has really enjoyed assembling the puzzles and has always looked forward to the next one.

I think the quiz has highlighted that there is quite a lot of material on RMweb that members do not get to see for one reason or another.

No luck tracking down the photos again tonight, even though I know I've seen the second one before. I did, however, find the answer to one of yesterday's :rolleyes: Yes, indeed, it's been great fun and has kept me away from modelling and other things for hours. Thanks, Andy :D

Nick

I've already said this to Andy directly, but he must have taken a great deal of time to set this up and certainly gets my thanks, along with those of Mrs W (who did the jigsaws) and No. 1 son who was allowed to do last night's. I have to say that I only recognised 2 or 3 of them off the top of my head and had to use the forum search to find the rest. It's alerted me to a number of threads and galleries I might not have found otherwise - especially owentherail and DaveF - which I can highly recommend. Top competition all round.

Haven't been able to do the last four puzzles, despite completing them, but the fun in searching for things on RMweb and finding so many different threads and different ways of modelling - bliss!

Thank you Andy for putting the comp on, and well done to everyone who had a go - and particularly the chap above me for some sterling work! :)

Guest D.J.K.

Many thanks from me as well Andy.

Long time since I've done a jigsaw............... And isn't that scene in puzzle 12 crying out to be modelled.....

Cheers Dave

Well, I think I pushed things to the limit last night.?  :lol:

Only one person, Dave Ford, got both but that's because he provided one of the shots - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2250 which as you can now see is Lincoln. I just wanted to flag this up as being very modellable.

The other shot was another from owentherail's collection - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9250 showing a Merchant Navy through Evesham, not the commonest of sights!

So, the score table stands as it does after day 5, hearty congratulations to Jonathan Wealleans, thanks to everyone else who took part (whether you got as far as submitting answers or not) and certainly not least a bigh thank you to Mozzer Models and 247 Developments for putting the lovely prize up. For a change there was something that brought other members of the family onto the site to have a go.

Although the competition is over don't let that stop you meandering all over the site looking for all sorts of gems. :)

Well done to all, glad I could provide a bit of brain fodder over the holiday week!

• RMweb Gold

The other shot was another from owentherail's collection - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=9250 showing a Merchant Navy through Evesham, not the commonest of sights!

Hmm, which Evesham would that be then cos it ain't the one on the Oxford - Worcester line (no level crossing, not got a signalbox like that, track curved the opposite way in front of the signalbox which it did have, and also 4 tracks in front of that signalbox) - so was it the one on the Midland line or a place called 'Evesham Crossing'?

I'd also like to thank Andy for the hard work involved in giving us the puzzles. It certainly challenged the turkey torpor for me and got me to look at parts of the site that I normally wouldn't. Happy New Year to Andy and the team (and everybody else of course!)

Hmm, which Evesham would that be then cos it ain't the one on the Oxford - Worcester line? ? (no level crossing, not got a signalbox like that, track curved the opposite way in front of the signalbox which it did have, and also 4 tracks in front of that signalbox) - so was it the one on the Midland line or a place called 'Evesham Crossing'?

Mike and I are exchanging PMs but I believe he's got me banged to rights. The eyeballs saw one thing, the fingers did another with the brain doing something different again in between. What I saw was Evesham Road Crossing in Stratford upon Avon, I cropped the photo so the start of the box name "Evesham..." wasn't visible. What I then said was that the image was Evesham which I agree it isn't.

Nobody guessed Stratford anyway.?  :D

Archived