RMweb

Hi guys'

Seeing as I'm confined to 'barracks' Galley, I have updated the index to date. Sorry but can't seem to do it as a .txt file as its multiple sheets or something so its there in excel format. Hope it helps.

Just keep clicking Yes when you are saving, take no notice of the multiple sheet thing click Yes.

Here is the xlsx file in txt format up to page 77

RMWeb.Index.txt

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 1

Just keep clicking Yes when you are saving, take no notice of the multiple sheet thing click Yes.

Here is the xlsx file in txt format up to page 77

Hi Mick,

Indebted yet again my friend! 

I have updated the index which is now available in two formats.

Many thanks.

Morning Mike, only one more day then it'll soon be New Years Eve and you can go back into your shed for another year, hahaha

I hope your day went well, and your suitably STUFFED.

I've been very careful this year as I still need to lose another Stone, I need to get down to 14 1/2st by Easter.

Morning Mike, only one more day then it'll soon be New Years Eve and you can go back into your shed for another year, hahaha

I hope your day went well, and your suitably STUFFED.

I've been very careful this year as I still need to lose another Stone, I need to get down to 14 1/2st by Easter.

Hi Andy,

I'm in my shed right now! I'm working on my latest addition! Its an S&C night-time regular? I'm sure you will get this one!

Luckily I don't have to be so careful as I just have the same amount to eat regardless of the occasion. I did provide a good feast for those partaking but I honestly had the least on my plate. I would like to loose a perhaps a stone myself but I know its down to the homemade bread which I just can't resist. I make a loaf each couple of days which lasts us the two days when on the second it gets 'refreshed' in the oven for 5 minutes and regains its crusty outer and fluffy inner.....delicious! Oh no that has made me want a Bitton Sausage sandwich!

• Like 4

Hi Andy,

I'm in my shed right now! I'm working on my latest addition! Its an S&C night-time regular? I'm sure you will get this one!

Luckily I don't have to be so careful as I just have the same amount to eat regardless of the occasion. I did provide a good feast for those partaking but I honestly had the least on my plate. I would like to loose a perhaps a stone myself but I know its down to the homemade bread which I just can't resist. I make a loaf each couple of days which lasts us the two days when on the second it gets 'refreshed' in the oven for 5 minutes and regains its crusty outer and fluffy inner.....delicious! Oh no that has made me want a Bitton Sausage sandwich!

Evening Mike,I must admit I have eaten about half my normal amount this year, so that cant be bad, now you've mentioned home made bread, well :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  

I sold some stuff on Flea Bay yesterday and was going out to box it up ready for posting in the morning, but its Snowing a Blizzard here, we have about 2 - 3 inches in the last hour, and its laying well so I'm staying in the warm.

Looking forward to the next set of pics mate.

All the best.

Hi all,

Following the festive exertions and inevitable tidying up I managed to escape for most of today into the den. First of all I will introduce the latest addition to the loco' fleet. Its a loco I have been at loggerheads with myself for what seems like ages. I wanted one but then I didn't, then I did again, but the problem I saw with it was the price as to me there is very little detail that warrants the cost. So in the end I no longer have the decision to make - it was a present from Santa!

And here it is in all its running-in glory....

post-5296-0-98721100-1419624156_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-66395500-1419624177_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-46736800-1419624189_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-21411700-1419624202_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-10701600-1419624220_thumb.jpg

Metro-Vick Co-Bo D5714 in re-furbished guise e.g. windows altered from curved to flat (because they were prone to falling out!) trundles back and forward from Derby to Carlisle and occasionally Stockton-on-Tees for modifications!

Piece of junk really (the real thing that is) but I had a soft spot for those ugly and sad looking odd-ball machines and having copped a few I was determined to see them all. Luckily for me in 1968 my friend's family was holidaying in Morecambe for the Glasgow Fair Fortnight (last 2 weeks in July) and I was asked if I would like to go with them to keep my mate company, well call me selfish all I thought of was end of steam and new numbers to collect and so I went along. We were booked into a guest house that overlooked the triangle at Morecambe station, luck or what! Anyway I went all over the north-west with or without my so called mate who wanted to sunbathe - IDIOT! I copped all the remainder of the class before we headed home to a thorough good tongue lashing from my parents! Happy days!!!

• Like 11

Whilst the Co-Bo was on running-in duties I began preparing some trees for planting...

post-5296-0-67478600-1419625486_thumb.jpg

This is a really old tree salvaged from numerous previous layouts and the foliage had either dropped off or was removed some time ago.

post-5296-0-66992000-1419625492_thumb.jpg

Here I have covered it in 'Green Scene' Tree Bark mixture - which pongs a bit!

post-5296-0-21141100-1419625499_thumb.jpg

Here another has been part prepared and the right hand one has had a coat of brown acrylic with streaks of green for moss effect.

Hope you like...

Edited to add....Oops got my details mixed up but I'm sure you get the drift.

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 5

Hi all,

Following the festive exertions and inevitable tidying up I managed to escape for most of today into the den. First of all I will introduce the latest addition to the loco' fleet. Its a loco I have been at loggerheads with myself for what seems like ages. I wanted one but then I didn't, then I did again, but the problem I saw with it was the price as to me there is very little detail that warrants the cost. So in the end I no longer have the decision to make - it was a present from Santa!

And here it is in all its running-in glory....

attachicon.gif2021-12-19 11.36.18.jpg

attachicon.gif2021-12-19 11.36.28.jpg

attachicon.gif2021-12-19 11.37.08.jpg

attachicon.gif2021-12-19 11.37.59.jpg

attachicon.gif2021-12-19 11.38.20.jpg

Metro-Vick Co-Bo D5714 in re-furbished guise e.g. windows altered from curved to flat (because they were prone to falling out!) trundles back and forward from Derby to Carlisle and occasionally Stockton-on-Tees for modifications!

Piece of junk really (the real thing that is) but I had a soft spot for those ugly and sad looking odd-ball machines and having copped a few I was determined to see them all. Luckily for me in 1968 my friend's family was holidaying in Morecambe for the Glasgow Fair Fortnight (last 2 weeks in July) and I was asked if I would like to go with them to keep my mate company, well call me selfish all I thought of was end of steam and new numbers to collect and so I went along. We were booked into a guest house that overlooked the triangle at Morecambe station, luck or what! Anyway I went all over the north-west with or without my so called mate who wanted to sunbathe - IDIOT! I copped all the remainder of the class before we headed home to a thorough good tongue lashing from my parents! Happy days!!!

The photos are looking good at 1500 wide Mike and the file size of around 400kb are well within the 1mb limit.

Evening Mike, A Co Bo aye? well what ever next? A Fell? Lion? Falcon? I tell you what though, that will look good with the 16T Minerals in tow.

Like the Tree mate, excellent work.

EDIT = Your a lucky man, being aloud out to play today, I had my Mum here all day again so was confined to Barracks by the Boss.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Something doesn't ring true here. I have lived at the top of Morecambe Bay for the majority of my life (in a village two miles north of Arnside, which is a village that people may have heard of because of the viaduct over the estuary) and dearly love the area although it must be said that Morecambe is a shithole.

Anyway, you said your friend was sunbathing? In Morecambe? That requires the sun to be out, which is an incredibly rare occurrence that happens when the cloud above your head finally runs dry, just before the next one comes along (two minutes later). As such, one wonders whether your friend was either mad, didn't want to look at smelly steam locomotives on his holiday or knew that you were train mad and would look for any excuse to go and look at them and used this as a ploy to lose you whilst he tried to chat up a local girl without you chucking a spanner in the works by telling her that e wet the bed until he was thirteen :)

Happy Boxing Day, Mike.

Very nice Co-Bo.  I shall have to Wikipedia it.  HOBOHOBO.  :jester:

Hi Polly,

No need to Wiki it, just ask!

Regards to you and Ray and will probably see you both at Stafford soon.

• Like 4

Evening Mike, A Co Bo aye? well what ever next? A Fell? Lion? Falcon? I tell you what though, that will look good with the 16T Minerals in tow.

Like the Tree mate, excellent work.

EDIT = Your a lucky man, being aloud out to play today, I had my Mum here all day again so was confined to Barracks by the Boss.

Hi Andy,

It will never be a Fell! A Lion would be possible and I already have a Falcon but its not an appropriate loco for Dent, its more Boo-Hoo than Co-Bo!

Duties: Well I think one day a year incarceration is enough for any man!

• Like 3

Something doesn't ring true here. I have lived at the top of Morecambe Bay for the majority of my life (in a village two miles north of Arnside, which is a village that people may have heard of because of the viaduct over the estuary) and dearly love the area although it must be said that Morecambe is a shithole.

Anyway, you said your friend was sunbathing? In Morecambe? That requires the sun to be out, which is an incredibly rare occurrence that happens when the cloud above your head finally runs dry, just before the next one comes along (two minutes later). As such, one wonders whether your friend was either mad, didn't want to look at smelly steam locomotives on his holiday or knew that you were train mad and would look for any excuse to go and look at them and used this as a ploy to lose you whilst he tried to chat up a local girl without you chucking a spanner in the works by telling her that e wet the bed until he was thirteen :)

Hi Jason,

You're closer than you think I would imagine, but we were both 15 at the time and he was indeed more interested in money time wasting girls that I was! The sun was out because it was 1968 long before we plundered outer space etc. He definitely did not enjoy railways and his mother was a tyrant and I mean a tyrant, BUT she was NOT my mother - was she!! Haha. I vaguely recall her ear bashing my parents on our return and in turn I got an ear bashing.

The guest house was at the end of a row of a 'Villa' style terrace which the front faced onto the bus station and the attic which my mate and I were housed had a small dormer and hallelujah a small window in the gable end looking over the junction (not the triangle as I said earlier - age!). I remember distinctly being woken by the sound of an oncoming train, Black 5 45407 hauling a freight train into the station, I went back to bed and was woken again to see 45407 going to Heysham. Back to bed, a couple of hours later woken again to see 45407 returning from Heysham and yes you've guessed it, 45407 returning to Carnforth! After a few nights of this activity I was soon too wore out to keep up the vigil!

• Like 7