A1/3 and V2 buffers in 4mm

I'm in the process of upgrading an older Bachmann V2 and an even older Triang/Hornby A3 and am looking for replacement buffers for the front end. I've searched for Spencer double acting buffers to little avail. I know that the current Hornby A3 buffers are separate items, but I can't find them to buy as spares anywhere and I don't fancy getting spare body shell just for the buffers (and I don't imagine it'll fit the older chassis)

The buffers for the tender are easy to sort out as they are the standard stepped parallel type, and I have plenty of those.

I'd be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, so I can then get on with getting some paint on!

Cheers

J

Hi, if you can be patient I'm in the process of doing the Spencer Double loco buffer for those locos, I've done the stepped parallel and it's on the website with other loco buffers but I've since been asked for the Spencer, they will be available in pairs with the stepped parallel tender buffers, i.e. front and rear.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Thanks very much for that, I can certainly wait. I can still get the rest painted, as swapping buffers shouldn't affect the rest of the paintwork! (Famous last words!)

Will the be available without the stepped ones as I've already got them to hand? If not, I'll juat have some spares which is never a bad thing!

Cheers

J

Archived