Hull & Barnsley Rly 0-6-2T

Mick,

As a fellow Hull & Barnsley enthusiast and modeller, I wanted to congratulate you on your excellent scratch build of an F2. It is, unmistakeably what it's intended to be. Did you ever get as far as painting and lining it? If so, and you have photographs please post them.

It's a great pity more people don't model this wonderfully distinctive railway.

ATB, Dave Yates

Lovely work mate, very nice indeed. Am I right in thinking she's an H&B F3, if so do you have any drawings etc I think for my time period they were the only H&B locos left, well apart from the boilers on the Q5/2's !! Fingers crossed you'll have some new scratch building to how next year

ATB Mick

post-702-0-16783800-1354083937_thumb.jpgpost-702-0-72537700-1354083998_thumb.jpgI still have the drawing from which I made the model, if I was to make another, I would now seek out the original Kitson drawings, or the various LNER ammendments. The later will almost certainly be at the NRM and the former at Leeds.

The engine is a H&B Class F2, later LNER Class N12, without checking, and from memory one engine was allocated a British Railways number but scrapped without carrying it.

A couple of photo's attached, as built and with later domed boiler. Best Wishes, Mick.

Mick,

As a fellow Hull & Barnsley enthusiast and modeller, I wanted to congratulate you on your excellent scratch build of an F2. It is, unmistakeably what it's intended to be. Did you ever get as far as painting and lining it? If so, and you have photographs please post them.

It's a great pity more people don't model this wonderfully distinctive railway.

ATB, Dave Yates

Dear Dave, thanks for your kind words. I don't have any pictures of the finished model, my mate, who I made it for, painted it.

"7mm Mick", fancies an "S7" model of the slightly later "F3" (N13) version for his c1950 "Holderness Drain North" project. Looks like another day out at the "NRM" seeking out original drawings. Best Wishes, Mick.

Archived