4 character head codes

Can anyone help me I'm looking for or how to get 4 character head codes for my class 47,only I bought the loco second-hand and there is the clear plastic glass but no 4 digits.

What manufacturer: Heljan or Bachmann?

There are downloadable ones I believe, and you can create your own in Word if you download the appropriate font, but I have every faith that some kind soul on here may spare you some for the price of a stamp...

Just a hunch.

• RMweb Gold

I have printed some of my own using my computer as this easily allows correct(ish) codes to suit the trains I am running. Different codes on each end to suit the operation as well. e.g. Mineral train out and light loco back.

By using Excel or similar and changing alignment on each cell (top, middle or bottom) it is possible to get the "misaligned" effect seen on many headcodes and it also allows adjustment to width and height to suit individual locos.

I have found that Calibri typeface is close (usually 12 point but size has to be adjusted for different models) but would be interested to know if anyone has found a better typeface to use?

Archived