Notching on SWD cl 37 (V4 esu)

Piemanlarger

I cant really remember how long i have had my one and only v4 chip. Its got what i think is the latest Swd cl 37 sound files on it, the one with failed start.

Finally its installed after some faffing on my part!

I am presuming that i can move sound slots so for example the sound currently on f5 can be moved say to f10, by unticking the box F5 on the f5 tab, and then clicking f5 in tab on the f10 (condition?) tab. Not sure that makes sense but thats seems the way to do it?

However, one aspect of the chip i dont like is the notching.

Its more like a car accelerator than a notch up or down at a time.

so is there a way to move it to notching as one would have on the older v3 chips?

its on latch, i think? it stays on at the moment (dynamos so you can easily change to momentary) and just revs up to full revs, then when you take your finger off the f key it drops back down like a car.

Have lokprogramer yes but not really used it on v4 chips. V4.3.4.

You will find the notching easier to use if its a momentary switch. You can change it in the Lok Programmer or in your DCC system. Are you still using Lenz?

Also the V4 can be set so that if you drop two speed steps the sound steps back to idle or a lower level of on load. Depends how its set up.

apparently the swd 37 has been re-worked in the last year or so since i had the chip.

as such its going to swd after xmas for the latest re-blow. That then should have the noth up and down as i like it.

will try a bif 37 though i think as a comparrison before anything else.

Piemanlarger,

I have posted a link on your other thread, basically send the SWD chip off to Biff and have it reprogrammed with either his 37/0 or 37/4.

Sooooo much better.......

Ive got both 37/0 and 37/4 biffo sounds now!! realy impressive.....best buy..... :sungum:

Archived