'Abbot's Bridge' (72G)

georgeT

Hi George, I saw a layout recently that had something like that with the doors open and a photograph of a warehouse pasted inside and it looked like you could look right into the building, just an idea mate.

Bodgit

Hello Bob, Good to hear from you again, l like to keep things nice and tidy, going to start some ballasting soon, now theres a messy job, keep looking at your site and see lots of good stuff going on, well done, will have to pop round with 'Bodgit' soon...

GT

Hello Bodge, l have got some 00 ballast which looks good in 0 gauge track, found the 0 gauge ballast was far too big, have done one track this afternoon, looks better already, one thing l do enjoy is the ballasting, messy but l love it.

GT..

Hello Bodge, l have got some 00 ballast which looks good in 0 gauge track, found the 0 gauge ballast was far too big, have done one track this afternoon, looks better already, one thing l do enjoy is the ballasting, messy but l love it.

GT..

I do hope you remembered to paint the rail sides and sleepers first mate.

Bodgit

Hi mate I hope you don't mind a few shed scene pics showing the ballast, or lack of it, starting at LLangollen, Ropley on the Watercress Line. and the Severn Valley.

I had them sorted in the right order but they have all got mixed up, BUT you know where they are.

post-9335-0-94515500-1374535222_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88500900-1374535011_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55114100-1374535052_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78281400-1374535393_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29002700-1374535534_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50962200-1374535594_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• RMweb Gold

Morning Bodge,  Thank you for the input, very helpful, as usual, but as you can see the track is all one colour Shi**y Black ?..  GT

Do Humbrol or railmatch include that in their ranges? :jester:

Don

Hello Steve, Cracking finish, looks very realistic, you can almost smell the steam and hot oil, big help thank you..

Donw, I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find some SHI**Y black in most range's of paint  (haha)..  GT

Hello Bodgit, That guy who seem's to follow you and me around (what seem's to be most of our modelling life) has visited me again, he goes by the name of 'Major Change' and as always he is full of ideas and reason's why we must change whatever project we are doing or building ?

The main shed at 72G look's out of place in the scene l want to set, so l have cut off the end of the shed by 5" and that allow's me some extra space, and the off-cut will be used as a low releif shed for the other end of the depot, the chage's will give it much more of a feeling of a depot somewhere in south London, the new end of the depot will be a wagon repair shed, then l can shunt wagons in and around the yard instead of just loco's..

Also l have been playing around with mirror's placed at the end of the shed, and gives it a much bigger look ? ...GT

DON'T LOOK IN THE MIRROR :O

As for that Guy Major Change, well he has paid YOU and me many a visit over the years.

I like the sound of the changes and it should help with more room to roam as I call it.

A wagon shed will give excuses to build up a nice wagon stock again, and don't forget that in October you will have that Slaters Southern Baggage Van and the 4 wheel van that you built back in your sticky little mitts.

I am glad you are coming to the Midland Railex at Butterly on Sat 17th Aug to help run Glen Roy, we can also have a good look around and get some real inspiration.

Bodgit

I see you noticed my new hobby then 'Bodgit' l bought the tank at a boot sale for £8, and it has cost me nearly £150 to set it all up, its amazing how peaceful and relaxing it is just watching them swim around without a care in the world,

Need to get some more plywood to make the rest of the building's on 'AB' having now decided to add a wagon repair shop, l know what l want, but its all in my head, its trying to put it all in to practice...GT

• RMweb Gold

I had some small tins of black and white sandtex (textured not smooth) mixed up a nice grey and painted the pollyfiller I had buried the track in with that sorry didn't have a digital camera then.

Don

Archived