ESU Loksound

Dunmar

Hi,

I have been operating ' Sound ' on my layout now for several months now and wondered why I hadn't done it sooner! I have managed to fit the decoder myself and have 'dabbled' around with CV's and got my loco's running how I want them.

My question is - is it possible to obtain an engine ' revving ' sound at random? At the moment I can, but only over a longer distance and I would like to be able to do so- more often at the touch of a button. ( does that make sense ). :scratchhead:

I have ESU Loksound V4.0 decoders By Howes and a Gaugemaster Prodigy Express control.

Bill.

My Howes reblown v4.0 37 sound,allows me to open and close the throttle anytime,im using the 37 un refurbished sound....hope this helps.... :no:

Hi,

What system of control are you using and what buttons do you use to achieve that? Mine's are only a few months old and would it be because mine are 47/4's.

The manual mentions this but not how to do it!

Bill.

Hi,

I have been operating ' Sound ' on my layout now for several months now and wondered why I hadn't done it sooner! I have managed to fit the decoder myself and have 'dabbled' around with CV's and got my loco's running how I want them.

My question is - is it possible to obtain an engine ' revving ' sound at random? At the moment I can, but only over a longer distance and I would like to be able to do so- more often at the touch of a button. ( does that make sense ). scratch_one-s_head.gif

I have ESU Loksound V4.0 decoders By Howes and a Gaugemaster Prodigy Express control.

Bill.

Bill,

You need to look at the Digitrains 37, instant thrash or instant coasting and this is not related to speed step of the loco......

http://www.digitrain...-soundfile.aspx

Bill,

You need to look at the Digitrains 37, instant thrash or instant coasting and this is not related to speed step of the loco......

http://www.digitrain...-soundfile.aspx

As CJ says have a look at Digitrains, I changed over from Howes and couldn't believe the difference, thrash or coast regardless of speed and better sounds in my opinion.

Gentlemen,

Please note that the OP has specifically asked a question about a Loksound V4 that he already has and is happy with.

Please do NOT use these posts to laud the praises of a different decoder.

Hi,

My question is - is it possible to obtain an engine ' revving ' sound at random? At the moment I can, but only over a longer distance and I would like to be able to do so- more often at the touch of a button. ( does that make sense ). :scratchhead:

Bill.

Hi Bill,

I am not fully up to speed with Loksound V4 but you used to be able to notch up on the now superseded V3.5 by pressing F5, cancel F5 when thrash starts and use F6 to throttle down again.

Later projects were designed to allow coasting on throttle closure as an alternative.

In my opinion you should contact Howes to ask them. Projects do change and can sometimes come in different versions to cope with heavy freight or even light engine MPD work.

Hi,

Thanks ( dwhite4dcc ) - you got there before me! Yes I am happy enough with my present set-up all I wanted to know if I can obtain 'random revving ' with the ESU Loksound V4.0 decoder.

Since my original posting I have been in touch with Brian at Howes and he was very helpful and gave me the CV's required- he then phoned me back and said it works as he had tried it out on a similar loco.

However after I had set the CV's I discovered he had quoted F16 + F17 whiich is not on the handset of the Prodiigy Express!

I hope to contact him after Xmas.

Bill.

Sorry dwhitedcc,

I did not realise instant notching - not relating to speed step was available on Loksound.......

It's implemented a lot better in a Loksound, assuming the sound developer uses it properly. The method for Zimo is a hack to get round the lack of manual notch controls within the Zimo diesel sound project structure.

I'm sure Bryan will supply the OP with alternative CVs, though on a controller with limited function keys may mean turning off one or more less used sounds or features.

- Nigel

I did not realise instant notching - not relating to speed step was available on Loksound.......

Well I am not so sure the ' Chetter' method is not available on ESU.

Maybe the sound slots could be populated with engine drive sounds and accessed via function button. Not aware that any esu users have this configuration. I can only put it down to the fact that they like to drive the engine as opposed to driving the sound and then loco afterward!

CC

Maybe the sound slots could be populated with engine drive sounds and accessed via function button. Not aware that any esu users have this configuration. I can only put it down to the fact that they like to drive the engine as opposed to driving the sound and then loco afterward!

CC

Legomanbiffo (of this parish) seems to be the ESU Loksound genius, pm him, I am sure he can answer many ESU related questions.

Happy Christmas All.

CC

Of course it would be possible on ESU.

Respecting the original poster's question, I've posted a fuller response here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/65840-manual-notching-esu-and-zimo/

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi,

What system of control are you using and what buttons do you use to achieve that? Mine's are only a few months old and would it be because mine are 47/4's.

The manual mentions this but not how to do it!

Bill.

Im using the Dynamis pro system buddy.........

Archived