Backdating the Lima Small Prairie

knobhead

Smashing, Stefan!

Another pending gem.

Looks like a factory finish.

Best wishes,

Jonte

PS........a while since your last post; was beginning to think you'd given up the hobby!!!!!

Thanks Jonte!

Oh no! I'm here to stay!

I have a lot of bits and bobs, but there's always something missing and it always take longer than expected to show up! (I'm still waiting for a few things)

Regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I guess we are just used to you making the kind of rapid progress that others such as myself can only dream of... I am jealous of the speed that you can work at and still do top quality work. I am a bit more tortoise like*! At least I am not like a sloth I suppose...

All the best,

Castle

*just to clarify, I don't mean that I work like a point motor...

Hi Stefan,

I guess we are just used to you making the kind of rapid progress that others such as myself can only dream of... I am jealous of the speed that you can work at and still do top quality work. I am a bit more tortoise like*! At least I am not like a sloth I suppose...

All the best,

Castle

*just to clarify, I don't mean that I work like a point motor...

I know what you mean Castle and I really appreciate yours and other fellow members interest in my projects. However, it will be a challange to maintain the pace I set with the first four loco's. The feedback I get is inspiring and I really will try to keep it up! (the pace)

Regards,

Stefan

Indeed, the chassis doesn't look pretty. The prototype looks fairly continental beneath the footplate. An H0-scale chassis could be the solution if you, like me, don't fancy building one.

Regards,

Stefan

Stefan

The paint job on your engines is fantastic, I know it must be somewhere in one of your threads but do you spray them and what paint do you prefer to use,

I hope mine look as good whenever I get round to them.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Well, they are all brush painted using my own mixes of mainly Humbrol thinned with White Spirit. I sometimes use the air brush for coaches and wagons or other larger areas, but when it comes to painting steam loco's, I prefer the brush.

As far as varnishes are concerned I prefer cans, the ones in the pic are my favourites. They are pricey, but this is one of few areas where I don't mind spending a little extra. The key to painting is finding methods and products you are comfortable with that gives you a result you can live with.

Here's a Swedish supplier for the varnishes: http://www.rebell.com/painting/klarlack.html?___store=eu&___from_store=international

Regards,

Stefan

post-12040-0-43555800-1359583527_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hej Stefan, jeg er enig med de andre - din bemaling er fantastisk flot.

Godt at høre at du også bruger brush painting. Der er mange som ikke tror man kan lave en flot finish med pensler, men du beviser at man kan. Imponerende model bygning.

Thanks for the reply Stefan

I had brush painted in the past and got very good results before I invested in an airbrush and I must admit that the brush painted ones always looked the more glossy, which is ideal for transfers of course.

I might have to get my old Danish pal to do a bit of translating for me to read the last few posts :) 

Thanks again

Jim 

Archived