Has DB Shenker taken over the didcot -calvert flyash ?

rob D2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks beast. Id rather see the bright red shed than a 56.....

Wash your mouth out!!

Saw 56303 at warwick en route to calvert on thursday and it did look a bit bland in plain green, forever a fastline loco in my head, sentemental loco for me being the first 56 i drove!

If you wanted to see another red "shed" there was one of the shenker 59s sat in banbury on a rail and spoil train this morning (one for roundhouse maybe) not in an easy place to get a pic though

• RMweb Gold

It always has been a DB working - just that they couldn't resource it during the autumn so hired in the 56.

Latest word is that it's 56 again this week and then goes over to DB 66 from 07Jan onwards (unless it changes....)

I may be wrong, but I understand it is a DBS flow, which DBS have subcontrscted DCR to cover. It is DCR drivers driving either DCR or DBS traction, hauling DBS wagons.

Shot of 56 312 getting away from Claydon with the empties on 27/11/2012. Had to go to Claydon as it was flooded under the bridge at the end of the loop with black signals and no detection on the spring point at that end of the loop. The 56 failed at Calvert before Christmas. The story I heard was when they sent an assisting loco (the original train crew having gone home) the driver did not know 56s so was unwilling to take the train as was unsure what had or needed to be isolated. I expect others will know more or be able to correct me if I am wrong.

post-14048-0-59711900-1356939018_thumb.jpg

Shot of 56 312 getting away from Claydon with the empties on 27/11/2012. Had to go to Claydon as it was flooded under the bridge at the end of the loop with black signals and no detection on the spring point at that end of the loop. The 56 failed at Calvert before Christmas. The story I heard was when they sent an assisting loco (the original train crew having gone home) the driver did not know 56s so was unwilling to take the train as was unsure what had or needed to be isolated. I expect others will know more or be able to correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure if the same failure, but on the 3/12/12 56301 was on it's way to Eastleigh as 0Z71 before it got stopped at Reading and sent back to Bicester to rescue 312 which had failed? I was waiting at Shawford that day for 301, would've been the first time I'd caught a 56 on the mainline!

Is the 56 running this week? Would be nice to catch it before it finishes!

Andy.

A couple of pics of 56303 at the head of the Didcot bound empty flyash. First one was at Hinksey in terrible light (bit of computer jiggery makes it a passable shot!) on the 3rd, while the second is from Oxford station on the 4th in full dull. Both times it was late by around 50 minutes.

post-7258-0-29972300-1357344237_thumb.jpg

post-7258-0-77097100-1357344216_thumb.jpg

And with this talk of Red Sheds at Didcot, 66118 was indeed at Didcot on the 3rd. It was ganged up on by a 60 and 66 in EWS!

post-7258-0-89413100-1357344256_thumb.jpg

There was much chatter between the spotters out on both days as to what was happening next, and it was a different story whoever you spoke to. Some said it was a 56 until end of next week, others until the end of the month. Top and tail 66's was also said to be being considered! A case of watch this space I think!

Andy.

Talking of Didcot, I note that ticket barriers  have been installed recently.  Presumably if one's visiting the GWS you need to ask someone to open the gates - any problems getting access to the platforms at other times?

Not the best photo as forgot it was running but 56 030 coming over Manor Farm crossing between Launton and Bicester with the Calvert - Didcot yesterday. Ambling back from doing a check at said crossing (Whilst remaining in a position of safety at all times Captain Kernow SIR! salutes smartly and about turns)

post-14048-0-78610200-1358005141_thumb.jpg

Archived