RMweb

Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Nah mate It was terrible!

Of course i love this layout! I pop in for a spotting session every so often. See what's new, what you've been building.

The Depot is really taking shape, its not square like most depots built, it has a nice line to it.

Keep the updates coming Mate.

Superb as ever Terry. Love the night shots...the 08 in the siding and the signalbox lit up is very atmospheric...and inspiring me to get  a move on. Great stuff!! Roll on the next vid.!

Dave

Well I'm a long way off in achieving the realism you have on your layout mate. Your layout is the one I use for inspiration as it sets the bar very high.

Terry

Evening all

Well my next job that has been on the "to do list" for some time now and i have eventually got round to doing it, is to sort out my two older Heljan class 33's pictured.

They have not run right since the day i got them and it got to the point where i never bothered with them and they just sat on the layout or shelf for ages and never got run.

So with some help from others on RMWEB i found out that it was the wheels that were causing the issue.No matter how much i cleaned the wheels and pick ups they would just never run properly as the older Heljan models came with copper/brass wheels therefore didnt really conduct the electricity and were a to keep clean.

So i went about contacting Howes models who are the main UK stockists for Heljan and got myself two sets of new steel wheels to replace the old copper/brass wheels to see if that would cure the issue. The wheels were not cheap at £9 odd per set but i'm sure the end result will be worth it.

post-17682-0-00231800-1410458396.jpg

post-17682-0-89702300-1410458406.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Terry. Great update, the layout is really coming to life! Love the tmd area and the idea of the two tracks splitting is great. Cannot wait to get all my track and wiring done so I can finally get back to laying some scenery on the layout.

Just wondering how you powered all of your lights? On my old layout the power used to cut out on the controller that I used so I just wondered how you powered all of yours?

Many thanks

Jamie

Since i fitted the wheels this class 33 runs like a dream even at the lowest speed so i am very pleased that it has worked.

Unfortunately the other 33 is still having the same issues and i'm not sure why. All pick ups and wheels are good so it must have another undetected issue like maybe loose wiring or a dodgy motor so i will check all wiring first and if the wires are good i may have to end up buying a new motor for it. 

post-17682-0-45750100-1410468825.jpg

• Like 2