Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Happy Birthday Terry.  I remember you mentioned getting one of these in a previous video.  Glad you managed to get your hands on one.  Like others have said I would fit the motor before you finish it. 

Good luck with the project.  From the pictures so far its looking very impressive.

Cheers

Hi Terry,

Great to see you got your class 33s running better with their new wheels. Re your other one a friend of mine had trouble with the wiring on a green one he had. The wire from the motor coming up to the centre plug was getting pinched by the PCB and the rubber bit that holds it in place. 

Good luck with the kit.

Cheers Peter.

Happy Birthday Terry.  I remember you mentioned getting one of these in a previous video.  Glad you managed to get your hands on one.  Like others have said I would fit the motor before you finish it. 

Good luck with the project.  From the pictures so far its looking very impressive.

Cheers

Thanks Richard. I think your right mate....im at the exhibition in Aylesbury in two weeks time and the gut from realtrack said he would take some black beetle bogies along for me.

i just need to convert them into dcc which is new territory for me. i want to add lights too but again its something i have never done before also. But like you say its better to do it before i put it all together.

Terry 

Looks interesting mate, you are a braver man than me. I'm sure you will do a top job with it ( wouldn't expect anything less ) . I reckon if you can afford to put the motor in you should go for it. It's gonna look the nuts pottering about the layout. Any idea which livery your going to go for ? Looks like it will take a while to sort. Loving your pictures on the previous page by the way, 33's looking neat to. I must re-wheel my 47's.... Hope you have a cracking birthday too. Cheers, Marcus. 

Thanks Marcus.

I am just going to take my time with it so not to ruin it along the way.it cost to much money to just chuck it away. i want to spray it into yellow as this is how i remember them but just need to find out what shade of yellow.

Is your 47 a Heljan model then?

Terry

Happy Birthday

I am watching this build with great interest I purchased a Brittania Pacific and fitted a decoder and it

is my pride and joy may I ask are the Transfers/Decals available to buy as a separate item and from whom

Many thanks David Wexford

Thanks David.

Im not sure if the decals can be purchased separately but i would say no...i will ask him when i see him again in two weeks time and let you know mate.

Terry

P.s. did you find the brittania kit hard to build? 

Hi Terry,

Great to see you got your class 33s running better with their new wheels. Re your other one a friend of mine had trouble with the wiring on a green one he had. The wire from the motor coming up to the centre plug was getting pinched by the PCB and the rubber bit that holds it in place. 

Good luck with the kit.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter....i will bear that in mind when i get round to stripping it down to take a closer look.

Terry

Thanks David.

Im not sure if the decals can be purchased separately but i would say no...i will ask him when i see him again in two weeks time and let you know mate.

Terry

P.s. did you find the brittania kit hard to build?

Terry I purchased the model complete just added a decoder

David Wexford

• Like 1

Sounds sensible to me.  yea my 47's are Heljan, I am a bit of  a Heljan 47 fan boy lol .

Ahh right well that's where i am the opposite...i hate the Heljan 47's as they are too wide/fat, i suppose that's why they have the nick name fat jennie's. I prefer Bachmann 47's but i love all other Heljan models tho!

• Like 1

hi terry great to see your in full modelling mode and updates are coming fast   the tamper kit looks great . .i seen it on charlies stall at blackburn the other week looks good buddy 

It was seeing it on his stall a long time ago that made me want one so badly...and yeah im well into the modelling again and trying to get as much done as possible until i loose the passion for tit again.

Terry

• Like 1

Evening All

I have decided to take a breather from the tamper kit today and make a start on another job on my never ending list of things to do.

This project is only the very start of it but it is a series of tunnels and bridges based on the mainline that runs through Bedford along side the A6 near the retail park.

The tunnel on the left just has rough grass and bushes around and under it...the middle tunnel with the girder plates is a single carriage 40MPH road way, the third and fourth tunnel are just walk ways but i am going to put a river running through the forth tunnel. And finally the fourth bridge has two branch lines that run through it. But i am not sure if i will have room for two lines so may have to settle for just one but we will see.

The base is made from 6mm foam board which is easy to cut and shape but also holds it's rigidness so should be strong enough for when i add all the extras to it.

The next step is to cut away the sections at the top with the scribbled lines so to have slightly taller columns than the wall it's self. The columns will have extra 30 thou plasticard added so they also protrude from the wall.I will then add 4mm brick embossed plasticard all round as well as fixing the girders in place.

The wooden supports than can be seen behind will have to be moved so they are not in view.

More to follow soon..hopefully.

post-17682-0-89378700-1410896925.jpg

post-17682-0-06332700-1410896931_thumb.jpg

post-17682-0-92908500-1410896936.jpg

post-17682-0-57562800-1410896943_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Good start Terry.  I know the bridge well so will interested to see how it comes out. That girder section is getting quite rusty now.  I'm sure you'll have some fun weathering that bit up :D

Yeah the girder will be interesting to paint as its different colours too. its not an exact copy but the project is loosely based on it tho and will have the graffiti added which is on the branch line tunnel wall.   

• Like 1

Evening all

Carrying on from the tunnel project....i have now added the raised pillars using the 6mm foam board and have now also added the embossed 4mm brick all round and smoothed all edges.The capping stones have been added by cutting up strips of 30thou plastikard and then scribing the mortar lines with an olfer scriber.

This has been added across the top of the wall and across the face of the wall as well as under each arch.Girders have been glued in place and the whole lot has been given a coat of primer ready for painting. The far right hand edge is still plain foam board as once in place i need to build from the foam board and onto the wooden baseboards. The inner tunnel walls still need to be built and glued in place before painting and weathering commences.

post-17682-0-48784600-1410976510.jpg

post-17682-0-42390700-1410976516.jpg

post-17682-0-49124800-1410976519.jpg

post-17682-0-24468600-1410976523.jpg

post-17682-0-82314400-1410976530.jpg

post-17682-0-36343300-1410976535.jpg

post-17682-0-23658400-1410976538.jpg

post-17682-0-36416900-1410976541.jpg

post-17682-0-80839700-1410976547.jpg

• Like 5