Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

It's only an idea, anyway the cement works does look like it was meant to be there and fits nicely and so does the Turners Depot too. I wouldn't worry on how large the it needs to be, I noticed the lower section near the cement work any ideas in that section

No i have no idea what im going to build around that lower section mate. i have been thinking and planning that side of the layout for so long now and i still have no idea.

do you have any ideas as it is always good to consult with others.

No i have no idea what im going to build around that lower section mate. i have been thinking and planning that side of the layout for so long now and i still have no idea.

I've been flicking back a few pages and I can't remember, I think it was  one of your videos you started creating a retaining wall? A couple of pictures of the space in question would help, you never know someone might come up with a great idea

I've been looking at July's update on Youtube. It is a big space :O :dontknow: maybe a town scene with a bus station but nearer the cement works a more industrial feel.

I know you already have the large station on the other side but to go with the bus station a small station or station halt, not a large one at all just something for a class 156 commuter train

Just an idea

Terry, my personal view would to be to do a typical london theme area to match up with thr rest of the layout. This would feature rows or terrace houses, a high street, a park with a football feild, petrol station, mcdonalds, bus depot or bus station, etc.

At the end of the day its up to you. I think terrace houses below railway arches always looks good. Always could add some run down flats as well. Hopes this may give you some inspiration on exactly what you want to do. But you seem to always change your mind about certain areas of your layout so give it time and think it over and im sure you will come up with several ideas yourself and you will end up with a good combination.

All the best mate

• Like 2

Terry, my personal view would to be to do a typical london theme area to match up with thr rest of the layout. This would feature rows or terrace houses, a high street, a park with a football feild, petrol station, mcdonalds, bus depot or bus station, etc.

Hi Terry,

I like WCML100 idea of a football pitch, only a cross section but that could look great, flood lights and a bit of the stand? 

I meant to add in my last post the Turners yard looks excellent in its new position.

cheers

Graham.

At the end of the day its up to you. I think terrace houses below railway arches always looks good. Always could add some run down flats as well. Hopes this may give you some inspiration on exactly what you want to do. But you seem to always change your mind about certain areas of your layout so give it time and think it over and im sure you will come up with several ideas yourself and you will end up with a good combination.

All the best mate

Well all the above mentioned will be added to the town scene when i get round to it.

• Like 1

I had thought about a dock scene but i dont think my modelling skills can reach that height.

I am sure you could do it, either some Scalescenes kits or even the Bachmann scenecraft sets (when they are released) and you'd be well away !! 

• Like 1

Anymore updates Terry??

Thanks for all the ideas guys...it's always good to hear ideas from others and will take all into consideration. 

No more updates at present Neil as i have not worked on the layout for a while but there will be a lot of work going on from now until july to get the layout presentable for a shoot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Over the last few weeks i managed to get round to weathering and detailing some of my pristine locos.

First up is my new class 33 and with the detailing parts already fitted from factory it was just a case of breaking out the airbrush to give it a coat of grime. It is more or less the finished article with just a few patches of brake dust to be added around the under frame.

post-17682-0-39138500-1427826374.jpg

post-17682-0-27448100-1427826390.jpg

post-17682-0-98188100-1427826405.jpg

• Like 6