Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

This is another project that i have had on my to do list for some time.In the picture below is an old Hornby breakdown crane 

which came in the color red but i have always wanted a yellow one so i decided to completely respray and alter the model to suit!

First of all i totally striped the model down of all parts and stickers then gave it a coat of primer.I then rubbed it down with fine sand paper 

as the primer is good for showing up any imperfections to a model.Once i did this i then gave it another coat of primer and let it dry over night.

post-17682-0-97540900-1359825220.jpg

• Like 4

After the paint had dried the next day i then gave the model four coats of a very light yellow as i wanted it to represent 

an old faded crane that had been sitting in the sidings for eternity.

But before i did that i added grease and electrical boxes out of plasticard to the sides of the crane base along with a few other 

minor details.

Once the yellow had dried i then painted all the under frame, bogies, and boxes and what ever needed painted by hand as it 

would have been a long process to do it with an air brush.

Again once the paint had dried i then began to add the hydraulic or electrical pipes to both sides of the crane base.This was done 

by just using red and black electrical wire. 

post-17682-0-73472700-1359825647.jpg

• Like 4

This is the front wagon that the crane arm rests on.A little barrier was added to the front of the wagon then painted white.

A valve wheel was also added to the side of the wagon.A BR logo was then added to the end of the crane arm along with 

to the right of the picture hand written in black felt tip pen SWL 75 TONNES. The pen does not show up to well but thats ok 

as i want the model to have a faded appearance.

post-17682-0-74147100-1359826295.jpg

• Like 5

These photos show the completed crane unit along with the added boxes and pipes.A glebe road plaque has been added to 

the chevron lines as well as a new roof above the crane as the original did not have one.

You can also see that the wheels are yellow too but i did not remove them before spraying as they are plastic wheels and 

will be replaced with metal wheels when i get round to it.

post-17682-0-59931600-1359826775.jpg

post-17682-0-48995500-1359826783.jpg

• Like 5

Here are some photos of the completed model now that all the bits and bobs have been added along with the crane arm chains.

The only thing now left to do is replace the wheels and then give it a much needed weathering so it dont look so bright and toy like.

But this will have to be added to my never end list of things to weather up so it looks like i will have to get my airbrush out next weekend 

and spend a few days getting everything grimed up.....WHAT A CHORE!!!

post-17682-0-82307600-1359827112.jpg

post-17682-0-29901500-1359827119.jpg

• Like 6

i didnt like it in red.plus it looked very bland with no detail so decided to add lots of detail and respray it.it looks good sitting in the sidings now!

It was a present I got for my 7th birthday (am 13 in a few days) and I like it, Hornby haven't done a great Job at the weathering but oh well. May do the treatment to mine soon if I get round to it, are you coming upto Staffird show? I am tommorow and will post a video but the idiots at amazon haven't delivered the memory card for my new camera which should have been here in Wednesady but received an email today saying that it will not be here until the 6th of Feb!

• Like 3

I have now just replaced the old red double bulb platform lights with single lights and painted them in blue to match the color 

of the bridge.I then added the station name boards onto the lights.

I have also finished painting the concrete edging along side the platform edges as well as the yellow warning line.

Now that the painting is done i have started to add the detail on the platform such as seats and bins which are from ten commandments 

and painted in red.

post-17682-0-60317100-1360179493.jpg

post-17682-0-02662200-1360179507.jpg

post-17682-0-21389000-1360179513.jpg

• Like 2

I recently purchased a few road vehicles including this police land rover and fire engine and i got a flashing unit with some 

mini blue bulbs.i have fitted the bulbs to the vehicles and im just waiting for my 12v unit to arrive so i can build my fire scene 

on the town scene which i will start very soon.

post-17682-0-07194200-1360183590.jpg

• Like 4