GWR Branch Terminus

• RMweb Gold
I do believe that there are also card models of GWR stations but cannot remember the brand.

It might be/have been Bilteezi. I had a card kit of Lambourn station many years ago (OO gauge). The Ratio kit is based on the Ashburton/Mortenhampstead buildings, they also do a "matching" train shed (that requires work to make it fit properly).

What scale are you modelling in?

Churchward models do some nice kits.

http://www.modelexmodelrailways.co.uk/

It is also worth browsing through the Hornby and Bachmann pre-painted resin-ranges. These vary from year-to-year but I am pretty sure they have included some GWR outline buildings. Station buildings and signal boxes seem easy but engine sheds and goods sheds may require a bit more searching.

• RMweb Gold

It might be/have been Bilteezi. I had a card kit of Lambourn station many years ago (OO gauge). The Ratio kit is based on the Ashburton/Mortenhampstead buildings, they also do a "matching" train shed (that requires work to make it fit properly).

What scale are you modelling in?

The Ratio station building kit is actually a fairly accurate model of the building on the Up platform at Castle Cary. Technically it was originally a Wilts & Weymouth Railway building but in effect that is really little different from GWR and it was probably designed by Brereton who also did work for the GWR under Brunel's direction.

• RMweb Gold

The Ratio kit is a model of Castle Cary.....

Aaah thank's for the correction. That'll explain why I thought it was a rather poor rendering of Ashburton! :lol: My wrong assumption was down to the train shed appearing to match the one at Ashburton.

Archived