Comet Collett BCK E152/3

The nice thing with that is that its internal layout is the same as the Bachmann E159 BCK, allowing the sides to be used (with a little fettling to deal with the length discrepancy) on the Bachmann coach, or possibly for the Bachmann interior to be used in a kit coach.

They are nice looking coaches - IMO the Sunshine stock looked better without ventilators on the corridor-side windows.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Your'e doing it again Phil. :no: Very nice and its one of several I'd like to do in the range as according to the destructions some were used on a Plymouth-Liverpool service.

Another shortcut on these is to use Bachmann bogies and save time,weight and money . :whistle:

What livery will the customer get these painted in ?

• RMweb Premium

I have a feeling that the Baccy bogies might be a better fit than the ones I put on here. Probably my fault but the castings seem a bit high on the bogie etch and are very close to the sole-bars. Think I'll give them a file on the top edge.

Rob, can you get the baccy bogies as spares and if so, where please?

These are for Kingstorre, so 1947/48 ish livery. I think they get Masokits gangway connectors.

Adrian, that's a neat bit of info thanks

I seem to remember them vaguely at North Road in that lovely B.R. maroon, all ready for that marathon trip to the 'Pool. I always used to wonder what loco's would take over en route and where. This train was often double headed out of Plymouth; Castle and Hall. Probably the Hall came off at Newton Abbot?

Quack.

• RMweb Gold

I have a feeling that the Baccy bogies might be a better fit than the ones I put on here. Probably my fault but the castings seem a bit high on the bogie etch and are very close to the sole-bars. Think I'll give them a file on the top edge.

Rob, can you get the baccy bogies as spares and if so, where please?

Quite a few places Phil.

Hattons ,ebay or where I got my last pair ,Antics http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/866_1_1062405.html but I have one local.You would need mail order.

Comet bogies are always like that.Have you placed a plastikard spacer between them and the underframe for clearance ?

• RMweb Gold

The sixth photo here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28388-adrians-coach-works/ is an E153 made with Comet sides on a Bachmann donor.

I had to trim the sides slightly at the van end (~2mm) to make them fit.

Adrian

I can't believe its two years since you posted that thread Adrian.Do you trim the sides before fitting or can you file them flush afterwards.

I can't believe its two years since you posted that thread Adrian.Do you trim the sides before fitting or can you file them flush afterwards.

I trim them beforehand, primarily because I typically paint them beforehand too.

I can't believe how little progress I've made on some of those projects since then...

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

Oh wow Adrian. I had forgotten that beautiful collection. Thanks for reposting.

Cheers Rob, I'll have a look at the sites. I often use Antics for stuff.

Yes, I've used the Plasticard bodge.

Those Baccy bogies look really good though so I might tell Mr 'Kingstorre'.

Phil

P.S. Keep you eyes open for my next posting on the build for myself (unless anyone asks me for it) of the very nice, newish Comet WR Driving Trailer.

P

Archived