Nameless 4ft shunting plank ( FOR SALE )

shreives

• RMweb Premium

Have you looked at the Alex Jackson couplings - take a look at the CLAG board from the Scalefour Society; there is a huge amount of experienced wisdom there. From what I gather you can put the magnets up into the baseboard from underneath, leaving the ballasted/scenic sections unmolested.

My take on it is that it offers remote uncoupling plus remains unobtrusive, allowing the fabulous atmosphere of this layout to remain uninterrupted by commercial fittings. Just my 2c worth...

Best,

Marcus

AJs can work really well in EM and P4, but I understand that the tolerances in 00 can allow too much sideways movement of stock for them to be reliable, particularly around tight curves.  Something like the Spratt & Winkle from MSE/Wizard Models might be a safer bet.  Alternatively there is a variation on the AJ theme which Iain Rice mentions in one of his books where one end of a vehicle has a S&W style bar/goalpost and the other end has an AJ style hook mounted upside down, although this obviously means stock has to be put on the layout a certain way round and not turned.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I am putting the layout up for sale to fund the mk2 version.

I didn't want to break this one up because im pleased with how it has turned out so if anyone is interested please pm me and I can give details on the layout if you have any questions .

the reason for starting again is the new one is going to be a 1foot longer and slightly wider with a station for a EPB :) hopefully .

I also want to try out slow action point motors with a lever frame and the base of this board is not big enough and I don't want to start adding bits on to the layout so starting again is the way to go I feel

stuart

Hi all

I am putting the layout up for sale to fund the mk2 version.

I didn't want to break this one up because im pleased with how it has turned out so if anyone is interested please pm me and I can give details on the layout if you have any questions .

the reason for starting again is the new one is going to be a 1foot longer and slightly wider with a station for a EPB :) hopefully .

I also want to try out slow action point motors with a lever frame and the base of this board is not big enough and I don't want to start adding bits on to the layout so starting again is the way to go I feel

stuart

Hi Stuart.

How much and what are the sizes please?

Cheers

Dave Smith

• 3 months later...

Hi Oli.

I'm not sure if Stuart is on here any more as I have sent him a number of PM through here over the last few weeks and he hasn't answered. Perhaps he's away for a prolonged period or something.

Anyway, if you search in the Layouts forum for Falcon Road and look thrtough the building thread you will see a method of making a hard standing.

Dave

Archived