Nameless 4ft shunting plank ( FOR SALE )

shreives

• 8 months later...

Hi all now that iv stepped away from n gauge i can concentrate on my oo.

New locos now grace the 4ft plank in the shape of a railfreight grey 26 and a weathered br blue sounded fitted 37 :)

First things first though i need to come up with a name i cant keep calling it the nameless 4ft shunting plank haha

So any suggestions are very welcome i will try and up load some pictures very soon

Stuart

Just a quick couple of pics of the new arrivals

First up 26025

post-3608-0-80993200-1408888456.jpg

post-3608-0-37230400-1408888479.jpg

Next up 37049

post-3608-0-93679500-1408888494.jpg

post-3608-0-86944000-1408888504.jpg

There is also another railfreight 26 on the way this time 26041

I will try and get a short video of the 37 on here soon if I can

stuart

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stuart,

Firstly I agree with all the others, a great layout that does look bigger than it is.

I like the track layout as well, without seeing your thread I have managed to come up with the almost identical track plan except that the curve on mine goes the other way and it will be set in that magic area that is the border between Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Austria.

Simon

Good afternoon all

Just a quick update. today I received a couple of parcels one being a Heljan 26, 26041

post-3608-0-84377400-1409401314.jpg

post-3608-0-44655700-1409401332.jpg

The second parcel not so exciting wills brick cladding and corigated sheets and gutters and down pips for the building

it did contain a lenz chip though for the 26.

overall

post-3608-0-04268200-1409401521.jpg

stuart

• 2 months later...

Well its been awhile but today I have managed to get a few scenic bits done on the layout mainly a long the backscene.

guttering and downpipes are being added to the shed and a few detail bits have been done to the bridge aswell more on those next time.

as the trees are looking bare in the real world summer time has arrived on the layout :)

stuart

post-3608-0-26009500-1415817350.jpg

post-3608-0-75921700-1415817435.jpg

Thank you all again for your kind comments and suggestions

Rivercider I really like the idea with the mirror I will certainly try this out.

Courthsvale I agree I don't want to fill all the spaces that are available I like having the greenery And open spaces. I'm trying to get that fine balance so that it just works .

I have been lurking on eBay the last few days watching sound chipped 25s and so on. But I have come to the conclusion that it would actually be cheaper for me to just buy one from my local model shop. I have also been looking at getting another body for my sound chipped transrail 37 the railfreight largo logo grey one is they one I have been looking at because it fits perfectly on to the new chaise with speaker housing.

A quick question for you guys in the know couplings ? I have been looking into types 3 link is going to be a problem when trying to take a wagon back out from the shed . Using kadees is not really the way I want to go because I don't want to have to put magnets in the track plus I don't have a set shunting sequence I like to e able to dump any old wagon where ever I like.

So my idea is to shorten the standard couplings that are already there so that it closes the gap abit but still easy enough to uncouple.

Suggestions, ideas,comments greatfully received .

Thanks stuart

Have you looked at the Alex Jackson couplings - take a look at the CLAG board from the Scalefour Society; there is a huge amount of experienced wisdom there. From what I gather you can put the magnets up into the baseboard from underneath, leaving the ballasted/scenic sections unmolested.

My take on it is that it offers remote uncoupling plus remains unobtrusive, allowing the fabulous atmosphere of this layout to remain uninterrupted by commercial fittings. Just my 2c worth...

Best,

Marcus

hi class 66,marcus,pete,mason,grimleygrid.

Thank you all for the kind comments Im hoping to crack on with a few little bits on the layout abit later.

Im still racking my brains on a name at the moment but have come up with nothing. Any imput would be greatfully recieved.

I was thinking along the lines of where i live at present. hartley

But it just doesnt seem to go with the layout

stuart

Archived