Examples of my weathering...

rs4

Right...I see the light at the end of Kilsby tunnel, which as you know is very chuffin' long.

3 tanks done tonight. 3 to go plus 1 on order from George.

Modules on order.

5 sets therefore edging nearer to the tunnel mouth. I plumbed for 3 tanks / 1 control / 2 sandite for each one. Impossible to do the North Wales set using FEA-A as a basis, maybe I should give that FEA-S a go afterall ?

Yippee

post-1261-0-88424300-1389733159_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you for the "likes". I really am not worthy.

Barry - it did cross my mind about power tools, it's like many jobs you have to do in the house - knowing what tool to use is a real bonus. It can be a massive time saver and also usually result in a better job.

I have to say, the first RHTT set that I did, I don't remember the tank ends being metal, sure they were resin and I'm sure I sanded rather than filed. Swings and round abouts though, I remember doing filling and then sanding.

As for the re sprayers RobD2, yes, I agree, some good work came out of that workshop.

Tried a window in the 60 body last night, very, very tight fit. Maybe the respray has added a few microns ... Seems logical.

Cantrail and DBS grey in yesterday. Will try to get the grey bits sprayed at the weekend.

It would be a minor miracle if I received the modules for the RHTT sets by the weekend....fingers crossed.

Excited to have ordered a car for the first time in over 10 years. I sold my pride & joy when I set the business up. Since then I've pretty much had a van. I don't mind a van......but I like cars more !!

• Like 1

You know Tase I did think about that..

I was keeping my eyes out for a cheap **ay one.

2 more tanks to do tonight......

George of s-kits emailed me today saying order on its way... No rest for the wicked.

• Like 1

All coming along greatly I see and unless your fussy about all being on same trailers I don't think it matters, as using several types would add character as in the real world. Take NR test stock old coaches being customised and in particular 1 coach seams to have had at least 4 re-builds in the last 2 years as new equipment keeps coming along. The same with wagon stock as there are plenty of it sat about around the network, stock is being modified and re-modified for the needs of current requirements. I have seen folk do stuff on here and then found it has been done recent in real life, at the end of the day everything is possible like why build design build a new tanker unit when tanks/equipment can be fitted too abandoned stock quicker and be in service quicker. There is no wrong or right only what we set in our minds. keep up the top work.

And so we edge closer to "dicey" jobs......

A soak in white spirit..... A good drying.....are we ready for primer ????

The pigs in blankets:

post-1261-0-33409100-1389903894_thumb.jpg

Will they be blue by the end of the weekend ? Don't miss the next exciting instalment of "pigs in blankets' - a Quinn Martin production.

• Like 1

pigs in blankets -  is this a spin off show from the muppets   p i g s    i n    s p a c e...........

i`m also unsure of this home brew picture help course.  tanks, apples and white spirit flavouring !!

think i`ll stick with my coffee thanks.

At least the modelling job is coming on in leaps n bounds.

Brothers and Sisters, I have sinned.

I have decided not to follow the instructions. Boooo hisssssssss

After much thought....(really) I've glued the tank & holder together with super glue BEFORE priming or painting.

I just figured that it's more manipulatable (yes...it's a word) as a unit. Sure I can get to all the bits without having missed bits.

So, when tomorrow dawns the test will come.... With a bit of luck NR blue on Sunday...

The pain doesn't go away though, the sandite units even though they are just boxes look nightmarish to do !

After much thought....(really) I've glued the tank & holder together with super glue BEFORE priming or painting.

I just figured that it's more manipulatable (yes...it's a word) as a unit. Sure I can get to all the bits without having missed bits.

So, when tomorrow dawns the test will come.... With a bit of luck NR blue on Sunday...

The pain doesn't go away though, the sandite units even though they are just boxes look nightmarish to do !

Nick

You should get extra points for using words like manipulable, whoops my words slightly different

Looking forward to seeing the result of you daring to stray from the instructions, what could possibly go wrong  :no: 

• RMweb Premium

Oh - is that what the instructions said? I don't recall painting before assembly when I did mine................... :paint:

Cheers,

Mick

Instructions who needs em hey ?

We'll see...

Anyways, water tankers primed and drying overnight.

Freightliner FEAs obliterated and now all over black.

post-1261-0-33098400-1390047733_thumb.jpg

post-1261-0-84214900-1390047743_thumb.jpg

Be nice to get the blue on tomorrow, and then chew over the sandite modules etc. My primitive brain can't currently compute the instructions for those.

Well, I'm not finding this easy and the handrails etc are going to take some doing (really need the right folding tool).

Not 100% sure that some parts are in the right places etc.

Yes, I'm going to need to get the folding tool otherwise this will be an expensive mess up..

'Rails posed for now:

post-1261-0-85246100-1390080262_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Right, have been able to apply a coat of NR blue. May need a second coat.

Primed one module.

Tried to prime the railings, failed. Forgot to wash them first.

Coming along. Still the crazy position of air brushing on a garden chair with all the chaos that ensues....must work on that because it's just mental to spend time carefully making things only to risk messing them up at the final hurdle.

post-1261-0-04405600-1390142472_thumb.jpg

post-1261-0-38254600-1390142482_thumb.jpg

post-1261-0-38175400-1390142492_thumb.jpg

That's pretty much it for modelling today. Prepping tea and maybe a beer shortly....

Nick

• Like 8

solid job there nick they`ve come up a treat on first coat, nowt wrong with garden chair or as ive used in the past many times a dustbin with board across or strung stuff from washing line. All come in handy for different spray job items that each require different approaches.