Modern 7.5 tonne trucks

PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

6 months the last thing I had from there.

Have you got a link for the Mitsubishi, I have looked without success. Wondering if it's a model sold in the UK.

Merf.

Go to the e-bay link and click on the dealers other items. But watch out there is also a 1/50 scale one!

Personally, I'd say that what you're looking at is the equivalent of say a 15xx or a class 15. Yes, they were used, but they're not that popular. Your average 7.5 tonner these days is a DAF LF series or IVECO EuroCargo.

Bit strange as they still use ratchet handbrakes, hydraulic footbrakes and clutches...

HTH

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Both prototypes (Isuzu and Mitsubushi) are sold in the UK. I am aware that they are not as popular as the Iveco or DAF LF but unless a manufacturer decides to produce a 1/76 model of the same we have to use whatever is available.

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the pics the cabs look as if they are diecast but the bodies appear to be plastic. The Mitsubishi has a tail lift that looks as if its working, it certainly can be posed open or shut. Plenty of pics on the Jotus website.

Just bought one of each, there's a lot fewer listed now than when I looked earlier this week. Delivery is estimated at about a month but at those prices I don't mind waiting and eBay delivery times are usually on the pessimistic side. I already have one of the Hino tippers released by Best Choose last year; IIRC it only cost about US$16 and is a superb model with a tilting cab, tipping body and working crane.

• RMweb Premium

Just bought one of each, there's a lot fewer listed now than when I looked earlier this week. Delivery is estimated at about a month but at those prices I don't mind waiting and eBay delivery times are usually on the pessimistic side. I already have one of the Hino tippers released by Best Choose last year; IIRC it only cost about US$16 and is a superb model with a tilting cab, tipping body and working crane.

I look forward to seeing them on your website. I've been watching your model bus website for a couple of years. Adam I'm sure that others on here would be interested in your models why not put a few pics up.

• RMweb Premium

Does the cab roof wind defelector come off these models?

I've found a site with better illustrations and yes the deflectors are a separate item. 

http://www.network-shuttle.com/index.php?p=1&cat0=10&s=e0e4fe3e181f7dbc1202bc0a83724532&lang=en

The prices (in US$) are a lot less but probably do not include postage. On the same site they have the Tomica series (a bit like Matchbox 1-75) that are to 'fit the box' scale, they are now  making a Toyota Avensis that is to 1/75 scale. If you look up Tomica on the above site it is on page 4 of the listing.

• RMweb Premium

If you click on the picture it shows a selection of views, click on the view you want then click on it again and it comes up in a separate box, if you then go to full screen you can see all the detail. The canopy on the Mitsubishi appears to be merely clipped in place. I have been given a delivery date of between tomorrow and Wednesday, when they arrive I'll keep everyone informed. 

Mine arrived yesterday, very pleased with the quality, one screw removes cab and body. A finger nail removes wind deflector. The canopy is only lightly glued to the dropside. All very satisfactory.

But ! My knowledge of these Japanese imports was nil, so a little research.

From studying 'flickr' pictres the Isuzu seems to date from aprox.  1999-2005, and the Mitsubishi from aprox.  1998-2007.

So neither is the current model.

I had thought about one of each for my railway vehicle collection, as Network Rail has some Isuzu 7.5t dropsides and some Mitsubishi crew cab road rail vans, both being recent models. I think some plastic card and filler is called for.

Merf.

Archived