RMweb

Pen y Bryn

phil.c

I have been asked a few times to show the overall layout, well, these were taken many years ago, a lot more has been added since...and also a few more guitars :)

1906190167_Studiosouth.jpg.f9adc067afdcf7a97711e7720263272f.jpg

160709869_StudioNorth.jpg.da17487d39ff4e70900cd15f3da8fb46.jpg

Edited by phil.c
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, phil.c said:

I have been asked a few times to show the overall layout, well, these were taken many years ago, a lot more has been added since...and also a few more guitars :)

1906190167_Studiosouth.jpg.f9adc067afdcf7a97711e7720263272f.jpg

160709869_StudioNorth.jpg.da17487d39ff4e70900cd15f3da8fb46.jpg

Great collection of guitars - I spy a Taylor acoustic.   

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CameronL said:

That room would leave me a broken man, slumped in the chair muttering "Guitars or trains? Guitars or trains? "

It certainly leaves me feeling almost grateful that I can no longer play the guitar.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It certainly leaves me feeling almost grateful that I can no longer play the guitar.

I still play (in-between my other hobbies and interests), I thought I had alot of guitars when I had 5, now down to 3 .  I guess like Pannier tank engines you can never have too many. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

My right hand is a bit mangled, I've lost around 25% movement and I can't move my fingers in a fluid enough way to play anymore, I was lucky not to lose it altogether so I'm grateful for still being able paint, draw, make models and mess around with motorcycles.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

39 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

My right hand is a bit mangled, I've lost around 25% movement and I can't move my fingers in a fluid enough way to play anymore, I was lucky not to lose it altogether so I'm grateful for still being able paint, draw, make models and mess around with motorcycles.

I bet you can still play better than me😀

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was a similar pipe across the brook at the edge of our village, I think it was the water main. Walked across it many times. It was about thirty feet long but only about three feet above the brook, which was rumoured to be four inches of farm diesel and four feet of shi.....

• 2 weeks later...

The pipe I remember walking across and I think it's still there was about fourteen feet off the ground, the water below wasn't at all deep, so pity help us if we had fallen, it was the same with old colliery shafts, we used to climb over the wall protecting them and walk along the shelf which was about three feet wide, the shaft was nearly a mile deep!

Here's 57xx passing through Pen-y-Bryn Colliery.

845039414_57xxwashery.jpg.cce4d9e77d145a3c85bd8bbd8c3dd669.jpg

1671473442_57xxwasheryBW.jpg.f31cd5ed8b67afdd9e83593c4b401aa0.jpg

Edited by phil.c
  • Like 12

• 1 month later...