The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Who's The Most Annoying or Dullest DJ

c2c

My antipathy toward Steve Wright is well documented.

As I drive to work each morning I have little option but to subject my ear drums to Vanessa Feltz - what's worse than a journo turned DJ ?

Luckily I'm in work before Chris Evans, who I must admit filled Wogan's boots admirably (at first).

Unfortunately, having heard Wogan once or twice on a Sunday, I fear he has lost his sparkle, and become an Irish Bruce Forsyth - " the next line is easily anticipated " !

My blood boils at the sound of Jeremy Whine as he tries to provoke controversy with his guests and callers debating subjects of which there is either little concern by the populace, or which Mr Whine attempts to 're-boot' in an effort to gain some controversy.

Brian R

• RMweb Premium

Interesting to see how much stick poor old Radio 2 is getting here.

How come it constantly tops the ratings as the most listened to station?

For every person who finds the presenters (I don't think they "jock" many discs nowadays) irritating there seem to be millions tuning in.  Either we are in true forum territory where negative views are put forward and the silent majority stay, well, silent or the others stations must be really bad.........

I listen to Radio 2 quite a lot. I find all the available commercial stations extremely annoying and the presenters and music on Radio 1 unlistenable. Given that I am not into too much talking or classical music, Radio 2 is about all I have left. Perfect it ain't but it is a damn sight better that the opposition!

I listen to Radio 2 quite a lot. I find all the available commercial stations extremely annoying and the presenters and music on Radio 1 unlistenable.

As mentioned earlier I don't anymore, Wrighty and Whiny just wound me up too much. Radio 1 absolute sh!te music, yes commercials are aggravating, although having said that I am warming slightly to a local "Time" which has been playing a lot of 70's music.

But XFM and Absolute are stations I use now.

• RMweb Premium

Radio 2 alert!

I don't think Chris Evans is too bad as a 'DJ', however he is too much for the mornings. I need something a little more gentle to ease me into work!

I agree with the point about Steve Wright's faked sincereity; and his inane 'The Big Show' tag line. His 'non-stop oldies' are invariably interrupted with waffle, thereby not (by definition) non-stop. To me, he is the world's most annoying DJ... Other no-nos are Elaine Page (the world's worst 'DJ'?) and Sarah Kennedy (previously the world's worst DJ)... 

General grumble about the radio...personally I don't care about the public. I don't tune in to listen to their opinions...I want to hear music and interesting guests, plus, if applicable, some background to the music. Lots of audience participation suggests a lack of content, and an attempt to pad things out.

I like Desmond Carrington's Friday slot...coincides with the drive to railway club (but perhaps I am an old f@rt!). Simon Mayo is good...memories of his breakfast show on Radio 1 (but again, too much audioence participation), and I miss Mark Lamarr on his Friday night graveyard slot.

• RMweb Gold

........and Sarah Kennedy (previously the world's worst DJ)... 

Totally agree. Too much time driving up the M5 listening to her first thing in the morning :O

Didn't she loose the will to live during one of her shows and fall asleep?

• RMweb Gold

For easy listening 'music while you work' (modelling/driving along etc.) I do like Ken Bruce if for no other reason he the only daytime presenter who 'back announces' most of the records played.

With Evans, Vine & Wright talking too much (often over the ends of records) sometimes they don't even say what the record was that they've just played. Ken Bruce does seem to have a good depth of knowledge about musicians and the recording industry and by and large I like the music on his playlist.

Am I the only one who actually liked Chris Moyles? On that note I can't stand Nick Grimshaw, and the day that Jo Whiley was shuffled off to Radio 2 where she belonged was a good day.

Not at all, the one radio show I'd actually listen to. I liked his style, it was nice to wake up to Comedy Dave talking about being the meat in a giant sausage roll, or another cleverly written parody of a nasty pop song. When the Chris Moyles show (not just a DJ in a morning slot, but a complete, all round production with a regular team; Dave, Dom and the others were such a part of the show. There was so little of the Radio 1 playlist played you didn't need to find the mute button, definitely an entertainment show, not a music show.

It tells a story that since "I'm famous for being famous" Nick Grimshaw listener numbers have decreased. They wanted a younger audience...surely 7 and a bit million of any age is a better figure than thousands less younger "target" listeners? If a product sells, why change it. In fact, at 23, am I now out of Radio 1's target audience of celeb chasing, twittering teens? I'll leave my opinions on Nick Grimshaw for your imaginations...

jo

Archived