The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Who's The Most Annoying or Dullest DJ

c2c

I couldn't resist posting this on the back of Westcountyman's thread about Rod Stewart.

Alas it would appear from the majority of the posters contributing to his topic, most us share something in common other than modeling. A dislike for annoying DJ's!

To start the ball rolling my nomination is Tony Blackburn, I still shudder at the thought of this tw@t when he was on Radio 1 back in the 70's, I was a teenage apprentice back then and had to endure 2 hours of his dribble every day, because the guy I work alongside with wouldn't let me turn the radio down.

Just sheer ear torture!

I thought Chris Evans did a good job of filling Mr Wogans shoes. Lately I'm fed up with him and his pandering to the Kiddy winkies and his inane drivel. So he get's my vote and

one I don't know the  name of, some Radio 1 DJ he and James Corden kissing each other on some TV show what a pair of pratts.

Now I've vented my spleen , just realised I'm turning into my dad oh bu66er!!

Chris Moyles gets my vote. I find everything about the man objectionable.

Can't remember his name, but the morning guy on North Norfolk Radio. There's only so many times you want to be reminded that the North Walsham Women's Institute are having a cake sale this Sunday.

Alan Partridge?

Spoilt for choice, aren't we?  Maybe it is down to advancing age but I do not have the patience to listen to much music radio these days so I do not know what I am missing and if ignorance is bliss is it not folly to be wise?

The radio in my hairdressers' is tuned to Radio 2 and as I tend to go in there quite early in the morning it is Chris Evans that I hear the most.  He is possibly one reason why I do not have my hair cut as often as once I did.  He is a gibbering mess whose talent is matched only by his modesty.

What a shame that there are not many DJs as entertaining and informed as Johnnie Walker.  Then there is Keih Skues who is a legend.

Chris

There used to be a DJ called Emperor Rosko who spoke so quickly that he made verbal diarrhoea sound like chronic constipation. I much preferred the laid-back Scottish lilt of the late Stuart Henry ("Right there, muh friends..."). Hit between the eyes when I learned of his death: you realise you're getting older when the heroes of your youth start dying off.

• RMweb Premium

Yet another for the mega-annoying Chris Evans - though Simon Bates is a close second with his "my song" slot, and also his obsession with trivia and with trivialising quite important matters - eg when there was a prospect of heavy snow, he did the weather with stupid remarks and silly horror movie music in the background, qnd made it sound like the end of the world was nigh - I rang to complain as I felt so strongly that it was not fully responsible broadcasting.

Annoying:- Any DJ that constantly talks over the top of the music that they are playing, Steve Wright and Chris Evans spring to mind. They seem to prefer the sound of there own voice to the music they are playing.

Dullest:- Jeremy Vine, think he would be better off on Radio 4.

I agree with chrisf, Johnnie Walker is one of the best.

Talk about showing our age/demographics - 1970s R1 DJs and the current R2 chaps.

Or maybe Djs (or presenters as they are now known due to lack of any requirement to spin a disk themselves) are just better now.

To turn this thread on it's head, each night on the drive home from work I listen to Charlie Sloth on R 1Xtra much more entertaining than the other channels that are actually aimed at my demographic.

Archived