The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Paul Fletcher

Geoff Endacott

I have just learned that Paul Fletcher, who was for many years Exhibition Manager for Egham & Staines MRS, died last week. He had been ill for some time and recently moved into a hospice.

Paul was joint creator and owner of Moose Lake Canyon which had been due to appear at Trainwest next month.

I will post details of the funeral arrangements here as soon as I receive them.

Geoff Endacott

Thanks for sharing this, Geoff.  I never knew Paul but it's always sad to learn of a fellow modellers passing, especially one who was obviously involved in making the hobby known to a  wider audience.

I guess it's the same Paul that live near by and was part of the Tamar Valley Group, an exceptional modeller and a good laugh whenever we met!

RIP Paul, put me down for the next shift at the treacle mine!

Like you Neil, I thought that might be the "famous Fletch" but have been scouring the local (Plymouth) papers for any report unsuccessfully thank goodness.

Geoff's posting apears to be for a different chap but that does not detract from the sadness of the news for the family involved ; they have my full sympathies.

Wally

Archived