PICK 'N' MIX

Hi Shaun.

Actually, that's just what I was going to do!

All the buildings you see here were built for one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.He just roughed out what he wanted, left me to it and never once complained about cost - or my hair cut!

This was to be a really vast layout, the size of which you would never believe but a familly tradegy changed everything and what was built, was dismantled and sold off.

BTW, all trees, interlocking scenery, figures etc, were all the clients own work.

There was about a years work in all and what you see here is only about half of it and I'll try and find more pics later.

Best regards.

Allan

Hi Shaun.

never once complained about cost - or my hair cut!

Allan

I had hair like that once - that was an awfully long time ago though, wasn't it!

Shaun.

For the curious, ask Allan to post an old B&W picture...

Peter, what can I say?!!!

Really is great to hear from you, when was  the last time - York with your lovely Lady was it, three or four years ago ?

And hey! - stop nicking my clients!! - Gilbert that is, great guy!!

Saw your Hotel, great job, he made the right choice - I would have made a better job of it and charged him twice as much!!!!!

Joking of course, so hows buisiness, plenty to go at?

Anyway Peter, we must see some pics of your work, no, on second thoughts maybe not, might show my stuff up!!

Best regards for now.

Allan.

Having not seen any of your work since the 1980's, in Railway Modeller, these are a special treat.

I'm interested to know - do you still use all 'traditional' processes and materials?

Have you, for example, used any laser cutting etc?

Regards.

Francis

Wonderful modelling, I thought this was OO.  What scale are you modelling in?

The large town scene that you see here was built at 7mil to the foot - O Guage.

The steelworks in 4mil, and the black and white photographs also in 4mil.

However, where building construction is concerned, and particulary heavy industry, scale hardly counts for anything where proportional balance is more important and, of course - if it looks right, it is. - Just make sure your trains don't get stuck under bridges and tunnel portals!!

Allan.

Hi Alan

,Yes, York about 4 years ago, were does the time go, I'm allways playing catch up with the work side of things.

Are you still playing the guitar? I have some videos in the Wheeltapers thread doing Shadows stuff and blues using Charlie halls EFTP, I think it might be what you used at one time, we never did get that Jaming session :-)

cheers

Peter

Ps;I have planty of pics on the forum, certainly in my blog, there is a big rd bridge on the Carlisl;e thread in Scenery & structures.

Hi Peter.

Just going over now to have a look.

Coincidentally, I was just about to run through my repetiore - as I've got a gig shortly - and thought I'd check out my Threads before I do.

Cheers, the oldest rocker in town.

Allan

• RMweb Premium

Just simply stunning and, for once, words fail me.  Don't know what I'm doing with my time if this only took you a year!!  I'm afraid you'll send the lot of us looking for our coats with this standard.  By the way, welcome to the forum and please, please let us in on your construction techniques.

Just brilliant.

Mike

Archived