Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

I think the only real way to get good photos is an SLR with a big F stop in N. I haven't bothered getting mine out yet to try instead just using my phone which has a cracking camera on it but all the photos I have taken are in poor evening light so have ended up needing a big ISO and hence grainy pics. Video is a different beast and I would think that you are restricted to the capabilities of the video camera there with regard to focus.

I think the ones you have above are good focus wise though, bit grainy due to the ISO I'm assuming but fine I reckon.

Cav

At last the Video has downloaded, I have played around with the CV's since I filmed this so the stop/start is a lot better than on here, as I said the film quality is NOT GOOD but you get the idea.

Bodgit again

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

It's looking fantastic Andy; can't believe how much you have achieved in such a short time, and to a high level of quality.

p.s. I preferred the green to the blue :D

• Like 1

It's looking fantastic Andy; can't believe how much you have achieved in such a short time, and to a high level of quality.

p.s. I preferred the green to the blue :D

Hi Jason, I have gone the same way in OO, 2 years ago I had Kingsmill and then built Deesdale Road, both in Modern Image, then I went into the Blues with Glen Roy and Loch Leven and now I have some 30 plus Midland / Eastern Region / GCR Steam and Green Diesels ready for my next project on OO.

If I am not careful I will be doing Pre-Grouping in T Gauge next, but don't tell Jeff. hahaaa :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodgit :sungum:

Andy

I'm seriously impressed. How you manage to build these layouts with so much detail in a short period of time always amazes me. :sungum:  :locomotive:  :sungum:  :locomotive:  :sungum:  :locomotive:

Duncan

Hi Duncan, don't look now but there might be another appearing soon, hhahahhheheeee

Bodgit

Cracking video Mr P, well done mate

Cheers Bob, Cheers for that,  have you got rid of that virus yet,?

When you have you will have to pop around for a coffee and a chat, but not next weekend as Dee has THINGS PLANNED ??????? :O :o :O

Andy, Bodgit Pandy :nono: :nono: :nono:

THE WATER HAS STARTED :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

I have done a coat of light Grey/Blue with some white along the shoreline, I then gave it a couple of coats of PVA, I have since given it a bit of Green / Brown in places. and another coat of PVA, I will post some pics when the next coat of PVA has dried a bit and it doesn't look like I have just dropped a pint of milk all over the layout. :O :nono:

The Waterfall is coming on nicely with some bits of white in the rocky gully and the PVA is giving it a nice sheen.

Pics tomorrow possibly. :no:

• RMweb Premium

THE WATER HAS STARTED :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

I have done a coat of light Grey/Blue with some white along the shoreline, I then gave it a couple of coats of PVA, I have since given it a bit of Green / Brown in places. and another coat of PVA, I will post some pics when the next coat of PVA has dried a bit and it doesn't look like I have just dropped a pint of milk all over the layout. :O :nono:

The Waterfall is coming on nicely with some bits of white in the rocky gully and the PVA is giving it a nice sheen.

Pics tomorrow possibly. :no:

Looking forward to the result! Great vid, btw. And I'm with Jason - Green everytime for me!

Thanks for the tips re. the red brick colour....

I've just put some more bridge pics up on KL.

Jeff

Looking forward to the result! Great vid, btw. And I'm with Jason - Green everytime for me!

Thanks for the tips re. the red brick colour....

I've just put some more bridge pics up on KL.

Jeff

I am on my way over there now Jeff.

Bodge

'CRACKING' video Andy, really does capture the highlands of Scotland, well done, l guess this layout is finished now, (l better start your building's for the next leg of your whirlwind tour of the art of model railway then) ??

George..

'CRACKING' video Andy, really does capture the highlands of Scotland, well done, l guess this layout is finished now, (l better start your building's for the next leg of your whirlwind tour of the art of model railway then) ??

George..

Hi George, just the Water to do an get some people to put on in places but not over populated.

Andy.

• RMweb Premium

Great video, Andy.

Some water from Llangollen  :sungum:  with rocks - straight out of Jeff's mould? 

Railway station in the background.

post-14049-0-44919300-1366845125.jpg

Polly-Hydrated

The last time I was there, there were idiots in little plastic ships and only one paddle and a crash helmet, trying to go between dangly bits hanging from string above the water, AND they were getting wet AND it wasn't even raining. I always said the Welsh were mad. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  (not all of them of course) :no: :no: :no:

Bodgit.

thinking about it they were probably ENGLISH :O

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, the PVA is going down, at two coats a day so building up nicely, I will add some weed around the edges tomorrow.

Bodgit (monster of the Loch) :no: :no: :no: :no:

This should be interesting to see. Colour, weed and monster....

I suppose you'll be pushing G to one side now, in the urge to get cracking on FY?

Jeff

Hi Mate, i have to say this is your best work yet, i really really like it and hope to see it in the flesh.

Just starting my first venture in to N and im hoping its going to be as good as this.

Superb mate

• Like 1

This should be interesting to see. Colour, weed and monster....

I suppose you'll be pushing G to one side now, in the urge to get cracking on FY?

Jeff

Morning (just) Jeff,

G is now over the workbench leaving the worktop on the other side if my Den clear and the new boards are on and ready for track to be played about with, once I am 50% happy :nono:  with the plan I will start a new thread, in the meantime I will plague the Lounge :O with thoughts and BAD IDEAS :no: :no: :no: :no: , hhahahhheheee

Bodgit

Hi Mate, i have to say this is your best work yet, i really really like it and hope to see it in the flesh.

Just starting my first venture in to N and im hoping its going to be as good as this.

Superb mate

Cheers Neil, if you put in the effort and dedication that you did on Deeping Lane then I am sure it will be a winner, and then you have Cav for real inspiration as well.

Andy

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

I havew made a small start, a few bits of stock and track and already have my plan set out, just need to get the boards made up and a full sketch made up, im trying not to wing it like i did with Millwood.

Love the stock you have mate, looks really good.

When is it booked into a show near me hahaha

I still maintain that you never should have winged it on Millwood and gone for the genius that I originally design for you haha.

Im sure the new one will be cracking mate.

Cav

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

I havew made a small start, a few bits of stock and track and already have my plan set out, just need to get the boards made up and a full sketch made up, im trying not to wing it like i did with Millwood.

Love the stock you have mate, looks really good.

When is it booked into a show near me hahaha

Hi Neil, No shows booked yet I am afraid,

But I still have quite a few for Glen Roy to see out as well.

Andy

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1