S1750009 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

GBL King and Hornby tender

15904622345_a7e35c3663_c.jpg
S1750010 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

hope this is useful

cheers

Shane

• Like 4

Not sure if I missed any other comment about it but I wonder why the 'King' has a Norwich shedplate?

Probably because they laser scanned 6023 when it was on the Mid Norfolk Railway.

Probably because they laser scanned somebody's model of 6023 when it was on the Mid Norfolk Railway.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My 3 outstanding models finally arrived today 19, 20, 21 all in good condition. There are a couple of kings in the Stalham news agent.

I see from above that Tilbury Asda has sold one (not to me - still undecided), but Greenhithe had two this morning. It appears the 'King is a slow seller in this area - perhaps it's that awful blue colour? (Sir Felix was right!*)

Strangely it suits Caledonian engines, but not those of other companies (IMHO).

*Reputed to have said that he was glad to be blind, as he was spared the sight of a blue King.

• Like 3

Huzzah!

They arrived - the packaging was a little battered but the locos were OK.

The King is one of the best I've seen in terms of fit & finish. The T9's not bad, but Peggy's makeup was characteristically smudged. Certainly nothing to suggest that they came from a pile of rejects or returns!

I think I'll keep the King as is, the T9 may be the best of my five (so far).

Now, what's next? Any bets on the Peak?

• Like 1

A 'Peak' would certainly help Grifone finances (I already have a 'Mainline' one). I succumbed to the temptation of the last one in Tilbury Asda (it is a 'King' after all, even if they did forget the yellow in the paint mix) and a 'V2' will be added to the collection in due course ( and an 'N' * and.....).

* The tender will be useful on this one (L1).

• Like 1

Hi all,

Something a little off topic, But I have just seen the strangest train. I live 100yds from the West Coast mainline and this passed my house yesterday. A silver Class 47 diesel pulling 2 British Rail blue and silver mk3 coaches and a 125 power car. Has any one got any ideas what is going on here.

Cypherman

Hi Wolf,

Sorry I live in North Wales, So it was not one of those as I do not think they come over here. When I said West Coast mainline I should have been a bit more accurate. I meant the old GWR mainline from Liverpool/Manchester to Holyhead.

Thanks for the info though.

Thanks again,

Cypherman

Edited by cypherman

( and an 'N' * and.....).

* The tender will be useful on this one (L1).

Only if GBL copy the version with the 3500 Gallon tender!

We don't know which one they're doing yet, Bachmann has done the 4000 Gallon tender as well,so which one GBL copy is anyone's guess at this stage,- any news on this TheWeatheringMan?

Edited by DS239

Hi All,

Well i'm falling a bit behind with a couple of things I want to do on RM Web as health problems are keeping me out of the workshop a bit and i'm only able to work on my laptop from the lounge.

However a bit of news has come my way that might be of interest.

The GBL website has lost a large section and is no longer showing anything later than Issue 16 / Butler Henderson.

Now whilst anything might happen its been suggested that this might be in preparation for an update ready to give details of the future.

Watch this space as the saying goes - no guarantee offered however !!.

Regards

I've just looked on the GBL website and it's showing the complete set, up to issue 22 the V2. May be a browser thing, hit F5 and see if it refreshes. I have to do that when I look at work on our out of date browser.

Cheers

Shane

Only if GBL copy the version with the 3500 Gallon tender!

We don't know which one they're doing yet, Bachmann has done the 4000 Gallon tender as well,so which one GBL copy is anyone's guess at this stage,- any news on this TheWeatheringMan?

True - I'd forgotten Bachmann have done both tenders. GBL could save on tooling and use the one from the 'Schools', but seeing they didn't seize the opportunity to use the 'Castle' tender on the 'KIng'.....

Website OK here - still showing the 'V2'.

Edited by Il Grifone