Running Bachmann Voyagers in multiple

Has anyone managed to successfully devise a way of coupling two Bachmann (00) Voyagers together to enable multiple operation ? I have been trying to work out a way of doing so without cannibalising another Voyager for it's inner end coupling mechanisms... any ideas gratefully received!

Matt

www.freewebs.com/norwoodpark

Someone in Japan makes a working delner style coupling, no idea who though i just read it somewhere a few years ago. You could then swap the power car for one of the additional coaches Bachmann sell. Im sure one pc would easily drag 7 coaches as its a nice all wheel drive can motored unit.

is it a dummy coupling? hmm there might be a way to attach my thunderbird to a voyager then....

A recent Model Rail covered how to couple a 57 to a Hornby pendolino using kadee couplers. I imagine the method could be adapted to suit voyagers.

• 2 years later...

My Voyager now has Kadees in place of the dummy couplings. When we want to run multiples we just swap power cars between the two sets so that each set has a Kadee on one end and a dummy on the others (I can hear the rivet counters cringing...)

Adrian

Archived