Guest Jim Read

Guest Jim Read

Hello FC,

Thanks for your nice comment I got the idea for grass covered track from the Bishops Castle Railway and up until a week ago had lots more grass on the layout, that 'stick up in the air' stuff, sadly though it's the "wrong type" of grass to go next to the rail it gets flattened by the wheels and interrupts the electrical pickup. I had to take a very stiff brush to it and remove a large proportion of it.

Hello John,

Many thanks for your comment very good of you to take the time to make it. I've never had the dosh to buy RTR even in 00 and as for 0 Gauge kits well they're right out of my price range.

Hello Gareth,

Fair play to you, I'm still at the drawing board and pencil stage :-) The name sounds like a temporary allotment (you can only grow one seasons veggies then you've got to GO - by order - The Committee)

Cheers - Jim

Guest Jim Read

Hello CW,

Thanks for your lovely comment, it's nice to have a laugh at the shows, I can sit on me upturned waste bin, operate it and have a good chat at the same time, of all the layouts I've made these are the ones I like the most. But then I'm just a boring old fart who likes shunting ! :-)

Cheers - Jim

• 3 weeks later...

" I'm just a boring old fart who likes shunting ! :-)"

Hi Jim,

That would be TWO old farts now, he he he, hope my messages have come through safe; can  not start my projects yet, still waiting for my new system computer wise to arrive............love the thread.....

Regards   Tom..........................

• RMweb Premium

I think we should be told what has happened to dear old Jim Read. Lots of people liked his threads (14242 on this one!). Was it his reckless use of 'fart'? If so, me next! Or the Campbell's Soup promo?

Come back Jim!

What has happened to Jim?

Why is his account removed?

It was Jim and his Moxely Heath layout which encouraged me to return to railway modelling and O gauge in particular.

I hope he his OK, he is my inspiration.

Chris

aka Fordson

• RMweb Premium

I have been in contact with Jim Read. He is fine, but has had a parting of the ways with BRM over their show, and fallen off RMWeb too. So I don't think he'll be continuing this thread, but you'll probably find him at small shows in the East Midlands. We had several good shows with both Moxley Heath and Coney Hill last year, happy days!

Dava

Pleased to hear Jim is OK

Sorry he won't be continuing his thread and we have lost all his inspirational pictures on this thread and others

Hopefully I will 'bump' into him at a show soon.

If you do read this Jim

All the Best and Thanks

Chris

Archived