Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Meadow Lane TMD

Lochnagar

One of the better TMD layouts....good atmosphere!

There are a lot of mediocre ones, unfortunately.

Best, Pete.

What else then? - fairgrounds pigs cows and sheep? - for people on a budget displaying traction and together with space limitations TMD are ideal   - I know which I prefer - OK....a  valid point for your preferences and maybe once the initials T M D are typed in maybe they should be automatically shunted into a relevant subtopic?

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

A quick photo update from the Nottingham show, long overdue. The Colas 70 and DBS 08 went down well with lots of comments. The lettering on the 70 has since been redone using Johnsons Klear as the carrier film started to show through. . can't have that!

I stumbled across the 56 photo on Flickr, very nice so though i'd share it too.

Anyway, hope you like.

post-9660-0-29925100-1406808233_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-07820300-1406808589_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-79165400-1406808639_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-06018700-1406808750_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-62952300-1406808793_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-02590100-1406808826_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Meadow Lane will be appearing at the SVMRC show at Loughborough university on the 6th and 7th of September. Along with my trade stand where they'll be some items up for grabs  ;)

Hope to see some of you there, set to be a good show.

• Like 1

oh I do like both the DB 08 and the COLAS 56.

are they resprays?

Thanks, Yes both the 08 and 70 are total strip and resprays. Transfers are from Precision decals, and DBS paint is railmatch acrylic. Colas paint is acrylic I had mixed up specially as I don't use enamel anymore for health reasons. 

Well I always use enamels for a better finish....I find acrylic dries to quick and is fairly thick. but then I have never used acrylic in an airbrush before only by hand brushing, so how does it compare apart from the fumes of course.

Terry.

Brushing acrylic doesn't work well as it doesn't level out it's too thick. Spraying is much better and it's thinned with railmatch acrylic thinners for spray use. The bonus is touch dry in a minute or two, remaskable within an hour or so, and hardly any smell. Give it a go it's the way forward, no messing about cleaning up the airbrush and assoc equipment, just use water! No difference in price, just the amount of time/hassle/pollution it saves is a no brainer for me.

Brushing acrylic doesn't work well as it doesn't level out it's too thick. Spraying is much better and it's thinned with railmatch acrylic thinners for spray use. The bonus is touch dry in a minute or two, remaskable within an hour or so, and hardly any smell. Give it a go it's the way forward, no messing about cleaning up the airbrush and assoc equipment, just use water! No difference in price, just the amount of time/hassle/pollution it saves is a no brainer for me.

Ok sold.......i will start to collect colours in acrylic from now on.Thanks for the info mate.

• Like 2

Great layout and love the pictures. Any chance of a 'google earth' view or a track plan please, also do you use acrylics for washes or drybrushing at all? I would like to stop using enamel paints but find acrylics dry too quick, maybe I could thin them before drybrushing?

Steve.

• Like 1

Great layout and love the pictures. Any chance of a 'google earth' view or a track plan please, also do you use acrylics for washes or drybrushing at all? I would like to stop using enamel paints but find acrylics dry too quick, maybe I could thin them before drybrushing?

Steve.

Track plan will appear on here when I get chance! And a 'general' view of the whole layout as it stands. 

I don't use drybrushing, but every weathering job usually starts with spraying on dirt with the airbrush and wiping off with acrylic thinners, which basically is a wash. Water won't work but acrylic thinners does. Just as long as you don't leave it for ages and apply it too thick in the first place, it's a case of building it up rather than in one go. Basically without thinners you can't use them for weathering.

• 2 weeks later...

Great layout ,was nice to see it at railex in the flesh today looked very good!!!! :D

Connor

Thanks, was a good show. Rather annoying as I was only able to attend on the sunday morning for a couple of hours, but it was a good show. Big thanks to Alan, Jack and Richard for helping out, it wouldn't have been there without them! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...