"Banks road" 1980 to 2000 traction....

class"66"

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic photo mate!

The detailing is great and I really like the look of the Network Rail 57/3s on the de-icer train! Have you made the two de-icer wagons yourself? They look good top and tail the 57/3s. I still can't decide what livery is better suited to the 57/3s. The NR Yellow looked smart but the Revised DRS livery also looks good. It's a shame that there isn't 57/3s in both liveries! I'm looking at buying some Revised DRS 57/3s :no:

Are they 57305 and 57306 in the photo? Have you got any other NR 57/3s?

Keep up the good work with the layout, detailing and the realism of how your locos and stock look :no:

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission

• RMweb Premium

The only DRS 57 I have so far is 57011 which is the standard Bachmann model. I bought this around 6 years ago from Ehattons.

I haven't currently got a layout as it's been dismantled a few months ago. Therefore I cannot test any new locos that I buy so I haven't bought any Revised liveried DRS 57/3s as yet. Recently (since the layout was dismantled) I have bought nine new coaches. Six of these are DRS Compass MK2s and the other three I bought from R3Sprays on Saturday at Kingmoor are ScotRail MK2s. I have been buying new coaches just because they don't need testing unlike locos. I am hoping to buy three or four of them when I have a layout built back up because I haven't ever owned a Class 57/3 and I think they look really good in the DRS Revised livery.

This evening modelling on banks road "village" road signs ect....

Ive made some "main road" information signs to night,for the traffic on banks road..

I did this by cutting up an old (highway code book)...

See what you think...

Bridge hight limit warning signs..

post-10160-0-26839500-1437793659_thumb.jpg

post-10160-0-78191500-1437793737_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

This evening modelling on banks road "village" road signs ect....

Ive made some "main road" information signs to night,for the traffic on banks road..

I did this by cutting up an old (highway code book)...

See what you think...

Bridge hight limit warning signs..

Nice stuff all round.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

37219 looks fantastic!

I think I'm going to have to resist with the Colas 37s because I am concentrating on my DRS loco fleet. Hoping to buy five DRS 37s, three DRS 57/3s, some Class 68s and 66434. If I was to start with Colas 37s I would be wanting at least two to run top and tail a test train.

Have you also got a 37421 in Colas livery?

• Like 1