Cheltenham Spring 2013

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Premium

Just had a gander at the web-site, Phil, and it looks like Mike's got another nice show there. I reckon I'll be making a day of it taking in a scenic bus ride via the Cotswolds from Chippenham (hope I get a double decker on the 51  :) ). See you at Abbotswood, and thanks for the prompt!

Adrian

I usually drop in at this, as it's the nearest I've got to a local exhibition. As small shows go, it's probably one of the best on the circuit. The line-up looks attractive; most of the layouts are ones I haven't seen before which is always a good thing.

• RMweb Gold

Just had a gander at the web-site, Phil, and it looks like Mike's got another nice show there. I reckon I'll be making a day of it taking in a scenic bus ride via the Cotswolds from Chippenham (hope I get a double decker on the 51  :) ). See you at Abbotswood, and thanks for the prompt!

Adrian

look forwards to saying hello Adrian - enjoy bus ride, watch out for red kites, starting to appear more and more in the Cotswolds. What route do you take? Is that via Bath and Stroud?

KR

Phil

• RMweb Gold

MarkSG, on 28 Mar 2013 - 20:45, said:

I usually drop in at this, as it's the nearest I've got to a local exhibition. As small shows go, it's probably one of the best on the circuit. The line-up looks attractive; most of the layouts are ones I haven't seen before which is always a good thing.

Cheers Mark - where abouts in the Vale are you?

KR

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Ah - SWMBO thinks Evesham is the centre of the Universe as everywhere we go she sees signs for the town.

Fond memories myself - passed my driving test there, instructor thought it easier than Worcester.

Still often use the train service if going up to Londaon, a lot cheaper than the Cheltenham/Gloucester route that is now my local line.

Kind regards

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I'm there demoing. Guess I ought to try to decide what to do before the morning of the show this time...

Phil, do you want my EcOSControlRadio for the weekend?

Andi

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

Thats very kind of you to offer

Have two - but one is misbehaving at the moment, just scrolls through the loco list continuously, so another to hand wouldnt go amiss

Come and have a drive if free, you choice of working/motive power

Phil

• RMweb Premium

look forwards to saying hello Adrian - enjoy bus ride, watch out for red kites, starting to appear more and more in the Cotswolds. What route do you take? Is that via Bath and Stroud?

KR

Phil

Phil, I live close to the Chippenham-Swindon 55 route, so I head that way. Then its the 51 to Cheltenham via Cirencester. Travelling with Stagecoach all the way means I can do it for £6.30 return on an Explorer ticket, which seems a bargain to me. Looking forward to seeing Abbotswood again.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Phil, I live close to the Chippenham-Swindon 55 route, so I head that way. Then its the 51 to Cheltenham via Cirencester. Travelling with Stagecoach all the way means I can do it for £6.30 return on an Explorer ticket, which seems a bargain to me. Looking forward to seeing Abbotswood again.

Adrian

That is a bargain!!!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

HillsideDepot, on 28 Mar 2013 - 19:56, said:

Just had a gander at the web-site, Phil, and it looks like Mike's got another nice show there. I reckon I'll be making a day of it taking in a scenic bus ride via the Cotswolds from Chippenham (hope I get a double decker on the 51 :) ). See you at Abbotswood, and thanks for the prompt!

Adrian

Went to Cirencester today - followed the 51 back and yes it was a double decker. Saw red kites at Colesbourne in both directions - a pair on the way back suggests they are nesting. CLosest to Cheltenham I have seen them yet.

Phil

Will be coming up with the kids as Mrs 114 is working. Hope Thomas is ready to stretch his legs!

What day you coming up Rob? I shall be along Sunday morning, as now a resident of Cheltenham. Hopefully Matt will be along too.

( 11 years living on route 55, Lyneham & Calne)

What day you coming up Rob? I shall be along Sunday morning, as now a resident of Cheltenham. Hopefully Matt will be along too.

( 11 years living on route 55, Lyneham & Calne)

Hi Steve,

I will be up Saturday Morning

• RMweb Gold

Abbotswood up and good to go - looking better than ever, hope performance matches!

Many thanks to Andi Dell and Brian Thomas for help with set up

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Had a very enjoyable day visiting the show today. A great selection of layouts, and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

Good to talk to Phil on Abbotswood - can't wait to see it with phase 2!

Did manage to see a red kite from the 51 bus, and there is still snow in a few shady patches in the Cotswolds. A great day out, thanks to all involved.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Had a very enjoyable day visiting the show today. A great selection of layouts, and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

Good to talk to Phil on Abbotswood - can't wait to see it with phase 2!

Did manage to see a red kite from the 51 bus, and there is still snow in a few shady patches in the Cotswolds. A great day out, thanks to all involved.

Adrian

Great to say hello Adrian

Sorry couldn't chat longer - layout ideally needs a 4 man crew and we only had 3 so a bit pushed - but layout behaved well

Cheers

Phil

A good community show with the right mix of exhibits.    Abbotswood was good.  Sort of Roundy Roundy without being obviously so because there is a reason for the curve and the camouflage of the two lines going nowhere.  All of which means nothing to anyone who hasn't seen it.   And nice modelling as well.

• RMweb Gold

A good community show with the right mix of exhibits.    Abbotswood was good.  Sort of Roundy Roundy without being obviously so because there is a reason for the curve and the camouflage of the two lines going nowhere.  All of which means nothing to anyone who hasn't seen it.   And nice modelling as well.

Cheers - glad you liked it!

D1048 and D5382 added to working motive power roster for today

Phil

Archived