The "Like" button

A couple of times recently I have received the following message when I have clicked on the "Like" button.

There was a problem storing your reputation vote.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a software problem please?

Best wishes

Eric

• RMweb Gold

Also see that from time to time, Eric. I just ignore it, click again and often find the vote has indeed been stored.

I am of the opinon that only a minority of members use the "like" button - I always seem to see the same names alongside mine. Perhaps the others think it goes to a social media site or somesuch, which is a good reason not to use it! I am liberal with my "likes" because I see lots of worthy contributions that deserve some basic praise. "Liking" something costs nothing, and may spur the contributor on to greater things.

• RMweb Gold

I think we have political liking Ian.

If I see a post I like, then I click like, even if I think the poster is a -------- - insert a term here - because it's the post I like, not them personally.

I think we have political liking Ian.

If I see a post I like, then I click like, even if I think the poster is a -------- - insert a term here - because it's the post I like, not them personally.

Yes Beast, that is how I view things here too. I am to be found on Facebook but I do not use the "like" button there as it defines your profile and leaves you being bombarded with what Zuckerberg and his mates think that you should like. Long may RMWeb remain open and non-manipulative!

Archived