Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Allan a few years ago our machine failed irreparably. Seizing the chance to find remnants of my lost socks and the kids socks I took it apart.

Not one single thread of evidence. I was quite disappointed.

I read this as "Allan a few years ago our machine failed irreparably .Seizing the chance to find remnants of my lost socks and the kids,I took it apart.

Not one single thread of evidence.I was quite disappointed."

The idea of being "quite disappointed" at finding no evidence of the missing kids quite amused me.

Edit:A note of caution. Whilst it is quite possible to clean automotive/bike parts in a dish washer,(after a particularly grotty off-road session it's not unknown for me to hose down myself and my bike in the bath.) under no circumstances try to wash automotive parts or crockery for that matter, in a clothes washing machine.It doesn't work.

PS.I never knew dishwashers had silverware baskets.Up till now I've always had my Butler do this.

Yours Regally

Lord Popplewell.

Edited by iainp
  • Like 1

I worked with a very bright engineer in the late 50's and early 60's.  He was the one who interpreted all the figures and results of surveys and efficiency testing.  However, he had feet of clay.  He wasn't married so lived in lodgings.  One day his landlady went out on a trip and when she got back discovered he had dismantled his motor bike in her bath.  He didn't stay in those lodgings very long.

Derek

• Like 1

Now then, back on topic - what's the best way to simulate dust in 4mm scale?

What kind of dust Freebs, domestic, industrial what ?

One way I know is to hold a hoover bag above the layout and whack it a few times where it'll rain dust like you would never believe!

Cheers.

Allan.

Are you REALLY sure about that ?!!

Cheers.

Allan

Of course we're sure!

post-14791-0-83200400-1390242585_thumb.jpg

Allan prepares to defend The Windmill of the Damned as Iain suddenly pops up out of a hole in the ground after tunnelling his way from his secret hideout in deepest Wales!

Cor! Fair sends a shiver up me spine it does!

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 1

Now, how did this latest string of nonsense start again?

Oh, yes - Allan asked if Peterkern23's model dish washer can eat socks ...! :no:

I couldn't agree more Bluebottle.The curse of the Internet, it seems you give the jokers an inch and they always take a mile.It's so sad.

But irresistible.

• RMweb Premium

Nah, best place for cooking fish in foil is an exhaust manifold.

Reminds me of when I used to help a friend with their traction engine.

We used to wrap pasties in tin foil and warm them on the firebox.

Never tasted a better pasty!

• Like 1

Reminds me of when I used to help a friend with their traction engine.

We used to wrap pasties in tin foil and warm them on the firebox.

Never tasted a better pasty!

A mate of mine highly recommends joints of meat cooked (for many hours and wrapped in about 10 layers of tinfoil) in the smokebox of traction engines.

• Like 1

Sorry to digress the content of the thread...

Allan asked me how I scribe bricks in 4mm. Seeing as I'm busy sat here with my iphone with its camera and the tv on doing some scribing I thought I would post this pic.

There you are Allan have a go. If you're not cross eyed in 2 hours you're doing it wrong.

post-21051-0-47851700-1390260175_thumb.jpg

What kind of dust Freebs, domestic, industrial what ?

One way I know is to hold a hoover bag above the layout and whack it a few times where it'll rain dust like you would never believe!

Cheers.

Allan.

But Allan, surely the dust particles (assuming P4) will be 76.2 times overscale? Come to think of it, I've seen close-ups of undusted model locos where the accumulation on the running plates would lead you to think they've been throwing their fires rather badly ...