Murphy's 071 going grey

Tony M

I wasn't mad about the livery either when I first saw it, but it grew on me..

WrenEire made me an offer I couldn't refuse.... :smile_mini:

The decals are from Studio Scale Models. They are okay but they took me a bit of time to get the finish on them right.

The loco is painted in the proper RAL7015 with cellulose paints for quick drying and hard wearing..

Awaiting another freight loco to repaint.

Regards

Tony

Dont think I ever saw an 071 with snail?

Any pics Jawfin?

Next time your standing beside 1 at platform level or are inside the cab (if your lucky) look at the centre console and the 2 drivers control desks - there are snails there. Allegedly an oversight by GM who thought the CIE logo at the time was still the flying snail and not the broken circle

Black & tan for me - I was reared on trains in the 60s living just up the road from Wexford's South Station. That 071 has a very nice paint job though and as I've a birthday coming in July I hope that one will find its way into my loco shed...

I have a very vague recollection of a green loco - either an A or C class - in the mid 60s. I also remember seeing an ancient six-wheeled coach in silver at Rosslare Strand around the same time. I once travelled on a non-corridor clerestory coach on a train from Wexford to Rosslare - it would have been Edwardian but sometimes these old coaches were pressed in to service on busy bank holidays or for hurling match specials.

Impressive repaint and decalling. 

I'm not sure I like this livery though, it reminds me of the Southern Pacific grey and red. IMHO not the best ever scheme to adorn a GM loco.

I much prefer the 071s in the orange, black and red livery.

Impressive repaint and decalling. 

I'm not sure I like this livery though, it reminds me of the Southern Pacific grey and red. IMHO not the best ever scheme to adorn a GM loco.

I much prefer the 071s in the orange, black and red livery.

Red? Were there any other liveries the 071s wore before SuperTrain?

Archived