London transport 20227

steve1023

Hey guys. Just a heads up of a forthcoming Bachmann/London transport museum limited edition of 20227 in its new LT livery to be sold through the London Transport museum website.

Bachmann had a stand at the Swanage diesel gala with one on display, but I haven't got any pics though. Sorry.

Steve

Curiously, the model appears to wear a better proportioned "Bar and Circle" logo than the original judging from what I've seen of it!

For some reason, in the eye of this beholder, the class 20 is more attractive than the L150 prairie tank. Possibly an unconscious thought that "anything goes" on a diesel whereas a steam loco should be historically accurate. That's not to say the red prairie is unattractive as such and each to their own of course. I am looking forward to seeing both working in my neck-of-the-woods over the next couple of weeks.

RP

From the Heritage Railways website 28/12/2012

".... two Class 20s are to be repainted in special liveries. One will be painted in a similar livery to Sarah Siddons and the other a variation of modern tube stock colours, in a deal with Bachmann Europe, which is to produce models of them in the liveries"

I'm looking for some more recent confirmation but it would be logical that both would be available via the same source.

RP

Flicking through the latest Heritage Railways magazine, I found mention of the L150 Prairie tank, but they also mentioned that the 2x class 20 liveries were also being commissioned from Bachmann. I believe it was again the LT Museum, but not 100% sure on that bit.

Stewart

From RMweb/Special Interests/London Underground.

I'm sure all will be clear by the time of the Neasden Open Day or possibly the Amersham Heritage Day.

RP

Clearly the sample didn't, but is the final model going to have a working high-intensity headliht do we know?

Personally not a fan of 20227s livery, not helped by the roundle looking very odd. as noted ealier, the model looks better in this respect although the 'Underground' is not cetred vertically in the blue to aviod the door latches, and this is a bit weird.

Had they redone the Metroplitan Railway Maroon it wore for steam on the met, and modelled that, I'd order one in a flash.

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly the sample didn't, but is the final model going to have a working high-intensity headliht do we know?

Personally not a fan of 20227s livery, not helped by the roundle looking very odd. as noted ealier, the model looks better in this respect although the 'Underground' is not cetred vertically in the blue to aviod the door latches, and this is a bit weird.

Had they redone the Metroplitan Railway Maroon it wore for steam on the met, and modelled that, I'd order one in a flash.

I think the chances of it having a working headlight are extremely slim. Would require a retool I would have thought. Now there's an idea....

Archived