HELP REQUIRE WITH 0298 CLASS

N15class

Hi all I am having trouble with the alignment and sizes of cylinders, crossheads and slidebars on my 7mm scale 0298 class. Seen HERE on my blog.

If anyone can help with distance between the slidebars, outside diameter of the cylinders, or have an accurate drawing that I could have a copy of. I would be very grateful.

My two drawings are both different in this area. I have scaled from some side on photos but would like to confirm my findings before remaking my cylinders and cutting up expensive slidebar/crosshead castings.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Peter

Assuming the version you are building is as per the final rebuilds in 1931 (0314) / 1933 (0298) and 1935 (3298),  all three post rebuilding were in unlined Southern Black as the green lining for goods locos had been dropped by then.

Peter

Assuming the version you are building is as per the final rebuilds in 1931 (0314) / 1933 (0298) and 1935 (3298),  all three post rebuilding were in unlined Southern Black as the green lining for goods locos had been dropped by then.

Thanks for that. Least I now know what is correct.

I may have to stretch the timescales then. I like the look of them in lined green.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have another question about my little BWT. On preserved and BR photos I have seen, on the front of the front sand boxes there is an oil pot with four oil pipes. My question is were these a BR addition or were they there in Southern days too.

TIA

• RMweb Gold

It certainly appears to be an addition made early 1948 / late 1947 as they appear on photographs I have in the very early BR liveries but not when in Southern livery.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived