Fiddlers Yard (Now NO LONGER owned by Peter BB) SOLD AGAIN

Andrew P

Must of been hard to break up such a good layout with a great history on the forum and exhibition circuit. Good luck with the new one.

Alan

Its all in a good cause Alan, hahhah

Bodgit

Like the look of your new layout 'Bodgit', drastic actions l see (but it has to be done) good luck..

GT

Cheers George, I am trying to get it so that it is self contained but I am still not sure whether to have a Brewery or just a yard at the back, The Brewery will look very big.

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, Leesismoor, Leesimour,  Lessismore, are three names I was playing around with when I had Bare Boards BEFORE I built LL.

You were not supposed to see that bit.

Hahaaaaaa!!!

I'm just an observant (NOSEY) git - so I tend to spot stuff like that. I think Loch Leven was the better choice!

Jeff

Hi Andrew

Like what you are doing should give a lot more operating potential.

Hope It all blends in as before.  

By the way what make is the pub looks like something that would fit Cornwall area?

Hugh

Hi Hugh, good to hear from you, The pub is from the Hornby Skaledale Range, The Wheatsheaf Arms, R9652, It is really nice, I also have the Masons Arms, which is my Mothers Maiden Name, but Hornby have omitted to put a chimney on it for some reason, so when I get around to using it I will put a stone one up the side.

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

I would go for a brewery Andy, it'll give the layout a real purpose for it's existence and the size of it will frame the layout really well. It may mean that you need to operate from the front  but will be a lovely feature.

Plus, if you are clever with the redesign, you could have brewery buildings at the back on both sides, build a connecting line and then justify a couple of industrial shunters (Hornby Sentinel........)

I would go for a brewery Andy, it'll give the layout a real purpose for it's existence and the size of it will frame the layout really well. It may mean that you need to operate from the front  but will be a lovely feature.

Plus, if you are clever with the redesign, you could have brewery buildings at the back on both sides, build a connecting line and then justify a couple of industrial shunters (Hornby Sentinel........)

Hi Jason,

I think you are right, I will certainly have the Brewery on the Left and still retain the sidings on the right. I will operate from the front as I do at home and on all my Exhibition Layouts as I am a CHATTER BOX and the little ankle snappers enjoys pressing the horn buttons and starting engines up.

Bodgit

Morning Bodgit, Yes l agree with you about operating layout's from the front, you can talk and answer any question's that may arise, much better than 3-4 operator's chatting away at the back, like the operating ideas you are thinking about on 'FY' l am sure you will come up with a winner, keep us up-dated with some picture's please..

(PS) Will we still have a 'violent confrontation' on the narrow bridge??

GT

Hi all, A pic of the single slip and 3 way point in position, the single slip will feed the head shunt and the main Brewery siding, then there is a kick back to the right for the Grain Discharge Shed. The tracks to the left will serve the Goods Yard.

I am also taking the chance to re ballast the main line as it was originaly done with sand for the Scottish colour, it will now be re done in limestone ballast.

post-9335-0-69779200-1369934858_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

Evening Andy.

My first thought my I looked at the photo was that you'd gone Peco Setrack - but they don't do that in code 75, do they?

The slip is a good idea and, from what you've said, the Brewery is going ahead. Good - plenty of shunting going on there.

More piccies please, when you get chance.

Jeff

ps. Nice to look at track instead of rocks!

Evening Andy.

My first thought my I looked at the photo was that you'd gone Peco Setrack - but they don't do that in code 75, do they?

The slip is a good idea and, from what you've said, the Brewery is going ahead. Good - plenty of shunting going on there.

More piccies please, when you get chance.

Jeff

ps. Nice to look at track instead of rocks!

Evening Jeff, it is actually code 100. more pics soon.

Bodgit :sungum:

Hello Mate, l thought you were only going to touch up 'LL' but as l see its a MAJOR overhaul, will there be any trace of the old layout on the new one ? looking good mate, keep the pics coming.

GT

• RMweb Premium

Hello Mate, l thought you were only going to touch up 'LL' but as l see its a MAJOR overhaul, will there be any trace of the old layout on the new one ? looking good mate, keep the pics coming.

GT

George - I was thinking the same thing. Andy could have kept the original and built a new section to go with it. However, you can guarantee it'll be a grand piece of work when he's finished with it (end of next week?)

I hadn't realised he'd used code 100 - it's apparent when you study the bare track, but the Baron does such a good job with the ballasting/weathering that, once finished, you'd never know.

Andy - I hope you're going to put plenty of COLOUR into this one!

Jeff

Jeff, l have known Baron Bodgit for many years, and l have found that he just loves to build layouts whatever gauge, but that's all, once a layout is finished, he loses interest and seek's other project's, l remember when we lived in the south l would visit him a lot and vise-versa, once he built a wonderful layout in his garage and it filled every every inch of space with 4 or 5 train's running independent of each other, you could just sit in the middle and watch trains running, l thought it was the best he'd ever made, came back a week later and it was gone, replaced with a diesel depot ?

l have learned so much from bodgit, and he rub's off on you, so l would go home and build a diesel depot, he has cost me thousand of pounds over the year's (hahaha) what l can't believe is how long he has had 'Glen Roy' must be a record,

Andy, keep the pics coming as l think its starting to look the part as per your usual, and l am looking forward to the day out on the SVR, maybe we will get some new ideas on a future layout number 65 hahahahaha

GT

Hi Jeff and George, well a make over is what I first intended, BUT I came up with a cunning plan,

Yes it involved even more points and track,

Another bank of switches,

And yes something new to stop me getting board.

I liked the right hand board so the majority of that will stay,

Let me rephrase that,

I liked the right hand board, BUT there are a few changes that will take place once the left hand board is laid and wired.

The intention is to shorten the siding at the front of the board, (the one on the right) by about 6 to 8 inches. The front scenic area will be leveled off and that will be the coal yard.

The area at the end if it where the track has been removed will be a small Diesel distribution Depot served by the track from the run around loop, this will give me two more areas of operational and scenic interest.

post-9335-0-84405600-1370013003_thumb.jpg

This will balance the layout scenically and enhance its operation and also give me a use the almost defunct front siding.

More pics coming soon as the new switch panel is almost done and the points are having a complete re wire under the board to a new multi block and I hope to colour code the wires this time.

Bodgit,

• RMweb Premium

I really admire the way you think these things through, Andy. I spent the best part of 2 years planning, and revising, KL. However, you've built at least 5 layouts in the 18 months I've been a member of the Forum and from what George says, you've always been the same.

If you are installing Kadees into the new section, can you show some pics of where you put them - for those of us who've never used them (I like watching the trains go by, but you've converted me into a wannabee-shunter!!)

Jeff

I really admire the way you think these things through, Andy. I spent the best part of 2 years planning, and revising, KL. However, you've built at least 5 layouts in the 18 months I've been a member of the Forum and from what George says, you've always been the same.

If you are installing Kadees into the new section, can you show some pics of where you put them - for those of us who've never used them (I like watching the trains go by, but you've converted me into a wannabee-shunter!!)

Jeff

Hi Jeff, cheers for that, I do enjoy building and re planning, I nearly converted Glen Roy to THROUGH RUNNING last year.

As for the Kadees I am looking at the possibility of trying the under base board ones, I am told they are really powerful and will work through the Ply, Cork and Ballast so I will be doing some experiments with that.

As for watching trains go by, well that's why I built Glenfinick, but N wasn't right for me, but one day, when the Estate Agents around here get there fingers out I may have the room for a nice roundy roundy with my 9F's, A1, Patriots and Black5's etc pounding the S & C beat. :no:  :no: 

I am thinking of phoning my Estate Agents and saying that someone has put a For Sale board in our garden, do you know anything about it?  

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, cheers for that, I do enjoy building and re planning, I nearly converted Glen Roy to THROUGH RUNNING last year.

As for the Kadees I am looking at the possibility of trying the under base board ones, I am told they are really powerful and will work through the Ply, Cork and Ballast so I will be doing some experiments with that.

As for watching trains go by, well that's why I built Glenfinick, but N wasn't right for me, but one day, when the Estate Agents around here get there fingers out I may have the room for a nice roundy roundy with my 9F's, A1, Patriots and Black5's etc pounding the S & C beat. :no:  :no:

I am thinking of phoning my Estate Agents and saying that someone has put a For Sale board in our garden, do you know anything about it?  

Yes, I wish you well with the house business. It's been a poor market for selling for quite some time. I'd like you to move, A) for your piece of mind and B ) so we can see a 00 roundy roundy layout. I bet you have it planned - though, as I've said before - you should incorporate the new FY into it.

I really like that top view in post #42 - all the more interesting for the empty sidings.

I've never used Kadees and hope someone will educate me in the craft for when I (eventually) get to the goods yard section.

Only 3 more days and it'll be a year since construction of KL commenced. A lifetime by your layout standards!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

If you find that 1 isn't powerful enough, you can add more to increase the strength.

Yes, I wish you well with the house business. It's been a poor market for selling for quite some time. I'd like you to move, A) for your piece of mind and B ) so we can see a 00 roundy roundy layout. I bet you have it planned - though, as I've said before - you should incorporate the new FY into it.

I really like that top view in post #42 - all the more interesting for the empty sidings.

I've never used Kadees and hope someone will educate me in the craft for when I (eventually) get to the goods yard section.

Only 3 more days and it'll be a year since construction of KL commenced. A lifetime by your layout standards!!

Jeff

Jeff, looking at Neil's post above I will need to do some experimenting, I know they work under the sleepers by cutting away the cork underlay and I have also been told that kitchen cupboard door magnets are also very good.

Bodgit

If you find that 1 isn't powerful enough, you can add more to increase the strength.

Thanks for the info Neil, have you used the big 009 ones by any chance, and if so what thickness wood and underlay do you use?

Mine is 1/4 ply and 1/8 cork.

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

On a previous layout I used Kadee #308 magnets under the baseboard, which was I think 6mm ply, with no cork. Two magnets together was normally enough to operate the couplings. Three may be enough in your case. Definitely try some experiments first before you stick any new track down, and let us know how you get on.

Magnetic Bodger.

On a previous layout I used Kadee #308 magnets under the baseboard, which was I think 6mm ply, with no cork. Two magnets together was normally enough to operate the couplings. Three may be enough in your case. Definitely try some experiments first before you stick any new track down, and let us know how you get on.

Magnetic Bodger.

Hi Neil, I am going to try some kitchen door magnets first and see what happens.

Bodgit

HELP, :O

I need some help, :O

No not with that you fool, :nono:

It is whether this warehouse looks o.k. or not, I think I like it more than a jumble of buildings that will form a Brewery and it gives me the same van traffic options, I can also fill the yard with pipes, pallets, barrels etc.

It is a Scalescenes one that I picked up at the RM Web event last year and and I have since weathered it a bit to tone down the pinky colouing.

Edit as I forgot to add these pics.

post-9335-0-09286300-1370294263_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46701600-1370294278_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07029700-1370294294_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33306300-1370294311_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

Archived