RMweb

Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Frank in the meantime is grateful the diesel has been switched off, Simon said there was a spare ring for this end so once he gets back they can reconnect this end, he just hopes Simon gets a move on......the Gaffa could appear at any time.........good thing he has his back turned.....otherwise his would also be playing L O N D O N....

med_gallery_17883_2760_473232.jpgrmweb976kalboro4

In front of him the earlier crew are on overtime finishing repairing the other diesel pipe.......let's hope a loco doesn't pull in any time soon....because there is no working diesel supply......luckily they are almost sorted....and the gaffe has not long walked off.....so he should be a while.....enough time to get everything fixed.......then strangle Ginger who started this.......

More workmen

A gaffer and 4 workers...... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_3112_109709.jpgrmweb973figures2

The old brown coat is a little out of time....Blue cotton overalls for everyone else.

A gaffer and 4 workers......

No!

A gaffer, 2 watchers, a train robber and a 'Oh my back'    :yahoo:

Well done

Dave (Doughnut)

Thank you  :sungum:

The painting being graffiti and hence freehand, doe not have to have precise lines, as long as I continued to look at the real thing and get the stuff approximately in the right places it was not too hard, plus I could go back over as long paint as I was careful, the Tamiya tape kept the edges clean, and the maskol the grills.....as it is the first time I have ever wilfully damaged a loco and it was not a cheap one either I did manage to get a bit hyper and chewed all my nails.....luckily they are usually long so i still have some spare......

Bob the nozzle man.....is carefully holding the nozzle upright.....it only needs ring and can be reconnected.......he mentioned popping it the old telephone box, and was shouted down he was told to keep the nozzle clean upright and lose any of the bits....while someone else takes responsibility for getting the pipe fixed.....he has just seen a driver get in the loco......if they come in for refuelling......there's going to be trouble......For some reason the image of him playing L O N D O N as a child has just flashed through his mind.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_1647.jpgrmweb977kalboro5

• Like 1

L.O.N.D.O.N.

was a game we played as kids. I have seen it on TV so it was not just a local game.

ONE person stands and has to turn their back and (count...by saying ) L O N D O N out loud usually VERY FAST.

Whilst their back is turned the other kids are allowed to run towards the person who is LONDON.....

BUT when that person has said LONDON they can turn around...

and everyone else must be like a statue and if seen moving has to go back to the start line (usually the opposite side of the playground

(I always thought this was the origin of the Angels in Dr Who)

Anyway the person who is LONDON has to turn around and say LONDON again...as fast as they can....

before swinging back round and trying to catch anyone creeping/ walking / running towards them!!!

The first person who does not get caught and can tough them gets to be the new LONDON.

Do you get it?

Edited by Jaz

The gaffe in the meantime has become distracted.....he saw something on the other side of track......he's hoping it's not the missing works cat Blackie.....because it's looking rather F L A T.

med_gallery_17883_2760_454703.jpgrmweb977kalboro6

Ginger meantime has spied the missing bit......but is still scared witless.....can he grab it and fix one end of the hose before the Gaffa notices?. if he gets caught he well in trouble.....His stomach is churning.......he has that cat in front of car lights look.........THe whole gang is still in full L O N D O N mode......

• RMweb Premium

med_gallery_17883_2760_447071.jpgrmweb974kalboro2

My entry for the caption competition is

"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........................................!"

Coat, getting.

Cheers,

Mick

Simon stood by the drums, has also been looking carefully around as he is too scared to go past the Gaffa and get the spare ring, BUT he has just spied the original one, it has rolled right next to the drum.....If he could take advantage of the fact Can he pick it up without the Gaffa seeing??? L O N D O N.......

med_gallery_17883_2760_485023.jpgrmweb979kalboro7

Detailing.....

med_gallery_17883_3149_656561.jpgrmweb969fish1

as it comes

med_gallery_17883_3149_201619.jpgrmweb970fish2

and painted wood with colron and fish silver, pale silver, black, oily brown and white 

med_gallery_17883_3149_74465.jpgrmweb971fish3

Revell wood for highlighting the wooden crates

med_gallery_17883_3149_95632.jpgrmweb993fish4

Silverfish!

I'll get my coat... :no:

The Gaffa has turned back....and walked closer.....most of his shift are stood still like startled cats!!??? They remind him of is childhood and the kids who used to play L O N D O N

med_gallery_17883_2760_141435.jpgrmweb980kalboro8

F F S is Ginger wearing lipstick?????

That is a thought. All of this talk of fish - does Arboretum Valley have a fish and chip shop. I don't think I have seen one (or an ice cream van come to think of it).  

We do have the Hornby Fish and Chip shop.....but D Birds does a fish and chop van :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3051_336746.jpg

There will be a picture on an earlier layout and though you can't see it it was in here at one time

med_gallery_17883_3051_608862.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Back to the Gaffa

The sun has just started to set, and the light is starting to go, no one switches on the lights.....hoping to use the loss of light to be able to move

Ginger eyes are now fixed on one of the bits required to fix the hose......

Simon has his eyes fixed on the ring by the drum......

Bob and Frank are still oblivious......

med_gallery_17883_2760_141435.jpgrmweb981kalboro9

The light is really fading fast, the sun has dropped behind the horizon, The loco is pulling forward......the original team have just shouted their hose is fixed. The Gaffa has just spotted the flat cat was Blackie......but he had been led in a dip.....and seeing the loco pull forward he has shot off, the Gaffa shouts, Simon grabs the ring and throws it to Bob, Bob is now furiously screwing it on, then the hose will just pop into place......

med_gallery_17883_2760_312097.jpgrmweb981kalboro9

• Like 1

The loco luckily sails past, and the driver recognising the Gaffa leans out and shouts hi, distracted the Gaffa turns and waves.....meantime the statue furiously work to repairing the hose...

all turning to statues L O N D O N whenever they think the Gaffa is looking

med_gallery_17883_2760_435268.jpgrmweb982kalboro10

Frank furiously fixes his end, Bob has just got his bit sorted, Ginger having passed back his bit is still as a statue watching the Gaffa in car he has to distract him.....

Simon is watching Gaffa with his right eye and Bob with his left eye........he wonders if cats can move their eyes independently......L O N D O N...

The Gaffa and the loco driver have made their farewells and the loco drives off, The gaffe turns round, and still sees Ginger bent over is the same position, Simon stood like a tart at a wedding by the drums, bob and Frank seemingly oblivious standing like a pair of gormless sods......

All the bits are fixed, they just need pushing together.....phew....

med_gallery_17883_2760_610759.jpgrmweb992kalboro11

"OI!!!! You 'horrible lot, stop standing around like a lot of Blxxdy statues.....and get some work done!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Another time.....another place

A diesel refuelling area.....and a Gaffa.......

oh his mobile.....trying to get an answer.....where the 'ell are the workers......

med_gallery_17883_2760_191579.jpgrmweb991kalboro19

And one rolls out of of the tea room........oops.......and if he says he was on the loo......what are the other three going to say....as they pile out!!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2760_65839.jpgrmweb992kalboro20

med_gallery_17883_2760_326682.jpgrmweb994kalboro21

And the Gaffa voice carries across the yard.......

"OI!!!! You 'horrible lot, stop standing around like a lot of Blxxdy statues.....and get some work done!!!!!!!!"

:jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by Jaz