Falkirk Model Railway Exhibition 2013 --- Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th November 2013

G-Mac

post-7665-0-10338500-1369956070_thumb.png

Falkirk Model Railway Exhibition 2013

When: Our exhibition will be held on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th November 2013.

Where: Forth Valley College, Grangemouth Road, Falkirk, FK2 9AD

There will be approximately 50 exhibits with layouts, trade and society stands.

OUR EXHIBITION IS SUPPORTED BY McLAREN MODELS

For further exhibition details please follow the link to: http://www.falkirkmr...ndex/exhibition

Confirmed Exhibitors:

**Listing not complete and subject to changes.

Layouts:

'N' Gauge

"Carrongrove" exhibited by Falkirk MRC                                     

"Haddon Cross" exhibited by Lewis Dawson

"St Fillins" exhibited by Cumbernauld MRG 

'OO' Gauge   

"Rosebank Junction" exhibited by Bonnybridge MRC

"Rockvilla Goods" exhibited by Joe Loftus                                    

"Tullygarth" exhibited by Stirling & Clackmannan MRC

"Tamshooglie" exhibited by Falkirk MRC

"Coldham Lane" exhibited by Glasgow & West of Scotland MRC

"Robert's Road M.P.D" exhibited by Lee Sutherland                             

"Heavy Traffic" exhibited by James Watson

"Kinlochewe" exhibited by Bill Wood

"Laurencekirk" exhibited by Perth MRC

"Hunterston" exhibited by Steve Cunningham

'HO' Gauge

"La Rochelle" exhibited by Kirkintilloch MRC                                         

"Rotterhausen" exhibited by Graham Arnold

"Harrington" exhibited by Simon Barratt

"Gumstump & Snowshoe" exhibited by N.M.R.A

'O' Gauge

"Glen Dochart" exhibited by East Kilbride MRC

"Carr Street" exhibited by Charlie Weir                                         

"Longroyd Clough" exhibited by Vic Michel

'009'

"Live Steam" exhibited by Brian Caton 

'G' Gauge

"Canadian Railways" exhibited by Craig Watson

Traders:

Bilber Toys

Douglas Blades

(George O'Hara will be signing copies of his new book at Douglas Blades Stand on Saturday only)

Doon Valley Models.

Fine Frames

Grosmont Bookshop

Jim Baguley

Junction Box

McLaren's Models

M & B Models

Nairnshire Model Supplies.

North Road Trains

North British Railway Study Group

Pooleys Puffers

Penketh Model Rail Centre

Scottish Garden Railways

Scoonie Hobbies

John Thomson

The Trainman

Waverley Railway Company

Hamilton Toy Collection

Mutineer Miniatures

Tri-angman

Custom Models

Demonstrators:

M.E.R.G (Model Electronic Railway Group)

Scottish Modellers

Additional Information:

Catering

There is a cafe where snacks or full meals can he purchased during most of the exhibition.

Trophies

At our exhibition we have 6 trophies to award.

The Kerr Cup. This was donated by our founder Wilson Kerr and is decided by the public. If you visit our exhibition you can register your vote or you may be asked to tell us your impressions of our show in an exit survey. Please take the few minutes to do this as it helps us put on a better show in future years.

The President's Shield. This is awarded by our Chairman to the layout he judges the best on display.

The Cornwell Cup. This was donated to the club by the late Tony Cornwell who came over the border to visit our show  for over 25 years.

The Graeme Robertson Memorial Shield. Awarded to the best layout running Steam trains. Graeme was a very loyal member who died at the very young age of 32.

The Lind Trophy.  Awarded to the best 'N' gauge layout as judged by a representative of the late David Lind.

The Exhibitors Trophy  The best layout judged by the exhibitors at the exhibition.

Hi everyone

Please note that "Glen Dochart" is an O gauge layout not OO as listed.

Falkirk MRC please note that the "Contact us" facility on your website is not working - the Captcha is not appearing and so any message cannot be sent.

Regards.

Hi everyone

Please note that "Glen Dochart" is an O gauge layout not OO as listed.

Falkirk MRC please note that the "Contact us" facility on your website is not working - the Captcha is not appearing and so any message cannot be sent.

Regards.

Hi Bill,

Apologies for the mistake, thanks for letting me know and this has now been amended.

Our webmaster has also been contacted regarding the website issue.

Cheers,

Greig

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great, looking forward to it already

Douglas Blades also mentioned that he hopes to have George C O'Haras new book on Scottish Steam (similar layout to his fantastic diesel book) available for sale. Worth a visit for that alone!

• 2 weeks later...

Great, looking forward to it already

Douglas Blades also mentioned that he hopes to have George C O'Haras new book on Scottish Steam (similar layout to his fantastic diesel book) available for sale. Worth a visit for that alone!

I believe Jim Baguley on the DVD stand will have these also along with some more unusual titles.

Hi Charlie

Will Jim also be selling sound chips. Or do I have to resort to this on the layout?  :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Stephen

All the decoders are at the NEC in Birmingham Sorry Charlie

Hi Charlie

Is this your last visit across the border before the barriers and checkpoints go up :cry:

And if so, what class 144s have you left?

Stephen

Every one is available from Jim Baguley.

• RMweb Premium

Good exhibition as usual. Particularly enjoyed Perth MRCs new layout Laurencekirk. Prototypical operations with goods being looped to allow faster passengers to go buy. Always something running, well done! rosebank from Bonnybridge is a well known layout up here, been around for several years , but always worth a look. I understand this will be its last outing.there was a rather nice O GNR layout which had some fantastic stock on it.

No,sign of any new Hornby Mk1s or fish vans, Realtracks 143 was there and looks very nice and good value for money at £110. Bought Goeorge OHaras new Scottish Steam book , so mission accomplished there.

An enjoyable day out. Well done the organisers

I also visited today and will commend Laurencekirk, as well as the other 1950s Scottish steam layout in the other hall - I forget the name, something Junction (it had a separate shed baseboard).

I too bought George O'Haras new book, and aside from the somewhat curious contents system it's a wonderful photographic record, and all for £25!

Appreciate the comments on Laurencekirk, it was it's first outing and it seemed to run well.  A short video of it at Falkirk should be available on our PerthMRC channel on You Tube later tonight.

As always I enjoyed the Falkirk show, a good selection of quality layouts and good trade stands.

Waverley47708

• RMweb Premium

I also visited today and will commend Laurencekirk, as well as the other 1950s Scottish steam layout in the other hall - I forget the name, something Junction (it had a separate shed baseboard).

I too bought George O'Haras new book, and aside from the somewhat curious contents system it's a wonderful photographic record, and all for £25!

The other layout you mention is our (Bonnybridge MRC's) Rosebank Junction. Thanks for the kind comments!

Anyone thinking of heading along today won't be disappointed, quality layouts and good trade support, was a good day yesterday, my g scale was as popular with the kids as ever and James got plenty of good comments for Heavy Traffic too.

See you all there today!

Craig

• RMweb Premium

Went yesterday (Saturday) after several years missed. Really enjoyed it, and very pleased with purchases from one of the trader's stands.

A friend who has been a regular thought it was considerably busier than previous years. If that is demonstrated by takings, that is excellent news, for the Falkirk club and in demonstrating the strength and vitality of our hobby.

John

Hi,

Another successful outing for 'Kinlohewe' at Falkirk - my thanks to Dave and his crew for a most enjoyable weekend and the public support was incredible ! My special thanks to those that helped me out at the layout - Colin , Liam , Ian - ( what a star ! ) Bruce for looking after things and to Joe for gettin my cuppa ! :thankyou: . What a great friendly bunch I had around me on the adjacent layouts.

Bill.

Whooooops - nearly forgot about Malcolm - thanks for your patience.

• RMweb Premium

Finally got round to putting the g scale back in its storage place this morning!

Had a great weekend again both with the G scale layout in its usual spot as well as Heavy Traffic which was operated over most of the weekend by my son James.

It was great to see the show so busy over the weekend, really pleased to pick up the President's Shield for the G scale too.

Already looking forward to next year, the g scale will be in its usual place and James has been invited back with his Jamestown Junction layout.

Cheers

Craig

Archived