Micro Gallery Road Vehicles

Claude_Dreyfus

• RMweb Premium

As part of one of my frequent trawls through Japanese online model shops, I came across a company called Micro Gallery, who are part of Pro-Hobby. In terms of N Gauge, amusingly labelled 'N Gauge Maniac', the stock held by this particular store was limited to one design, a Volvo V70 mk 2. It wasn't cheap, about ??6.00, but upon final delivery yesterday it looks to be a very impressive model.

Pro-Hobby are mainly metal models, and this is no exception. For a metal model, the detail is extremely good; seats are detailed and painted an authentic cream colour, and in this model there is a driver. The molding is very fine, although it does appear to be a little flat towards the rear or the vehicle; certainly the front looks better than the back.

These pictures are more than a little cruel, but hopefully show some of the details well enough.post-6831-12627353494264_thumb.jpgpost-6831-12627354129841_thumb.jpg

As Japanese models are scaled to 1/150, this won't look out of place at all on any UK outline layout.

If you are interested, I believe there is one left in stock at Hobby World - http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/kengte.aspx?mk=&sc=28///103///686

• 2 weeks later...

Archived