June 2013 - new traffic from Methrose at Burngullow

• RMweb Gold

7Z27 66188 just arrived at Burngullow with 18 JYAs for loading this morning (21st Mid SUMMERs day)! Should depart around 11.00 after 1A83.

18 wagons loaded in around 6 hours, then - seems quick! I assume it's just done with wheeled loader/excavators?

18 wagons loaded in around 6 hours, then - seems quick! I assume it's just done with wheeled loader/excavators?

Times that I've been given in the past for loading and unloading with excavators/ front-loaders suggest about 10 minutes per wagon, with a decent crew on the machinery.

Ah - for all the cloudy spoiling moments karma dictates that occasionally the elements may be kind to us waiting camera folk. With callouses on my hands from clearing the vegetation, my work was rewarded today with 66188 in lovely sunshine against a darkened sky. It makes it all worth while! Mid Summer's Day 2013 with 7Z27 at Carlyon Bay.

post-2613-0-06906900-1371822962.jpg

Ah - for all the cloudy spoiling moments karma dictates that occasionally the elements may be kind to us waiting camera folk. With callouses on my hands from clearing the vegetation, my work was rewarded today with 66188 in lovely sunshine against a darkened sky. It makes it all worth while! Mid Summer's Day 2013 with 7Z27 at Carlyon Bay.

Great shot Craig. I might venture up there for the Statesman tomorrow now you've done all the necessary gardening :thankyou:

Great shot Craig. I might venture up there for the Statesman tomorrow now you've done all the necessary gardening :thankyou:

For the return working you will be shooting into the sun if there is any. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The beach at Carlyon bay is made up of this type of sand and very nice it was to in its heyday. Sad shadow of its former glory. Great to see more West Country freight traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the stone has run today, but with a revised schedule arriving at Burngullow at 08.05. This will result in a later departure for those wishing to see it. Not sure of the eventual departure time, but around 13.00 would be expected. They may "cut & run" with the 11.13 dep time and some empty wagons.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived