M&GNR King's Lynn to Fakenham West

Hi,

I was recently working in the area and had an afternoon off, so decided to see how much I could

find along the line between King's Lynn and Fakenham .

Here's a list of the photos, didn't get a chance to get to all locations but hopefully will be back up

later in the year, so will try to fill in the gaps.

I'll spread the photo's over the next few posts.

Dave

Bridge near Roydon

Hillington Station

Line side hut at Massingham

East Rudham Station

Road Bridge near Helhoughton

Raynham Park Station

Doughton Level Crossing

Bridge near Shereford

Fakenham West Station

I was playing with some HTML code and Google maps the other day with the idea that

the Photographic Survey thread (Photographic-survey) images could be displayed at

their actual locations.

If you download the attached file, and then call it up in your browser you should see

images that are selected by either "Railway", "RMWeb  Survey" or "All".

This does assume that the images ave been tagged!

I've also adjusted the colours, layers, etc, to highlight the railway tracks.

It starts up over London, but if you scroll up to Norfolk you can see the above images

You can click on the image, and the select "view in panoramio" bottom left of small image

to go to the bigger picture.

Dave

RMWebMap_v1_00.html

Brilliant topic!

There are a few bits and pieces further west at the King's Lynn end of your route, in order:

crossing gatehouse on Loke Road (guarding the abandoned Austin Fields-Bawsey line);

a wonderful selection of river/drain crossings at South Lynn, including an old colour light signal;

a lovely single-track skew bridge to the west of the site of Gayton Road station.

Some pics of these are in my M&GN gallery, but I am a techno-idiot and can't for the life of me work out how to upload them into this post (which is bizarre, because I'm sure I've done it before...).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/2768-mgn/

Paul

Archived