Ive been scratching my head yet again. I pinned the track down and had an overall layout idea that I liked but there always ends up been bits that dont fit right or that look too squeezed in. Now software is good yeah but it doesnt always fit perfectly in real when it comes to putting it on the board. Today I am fumbling about the many boxes in my attic to try find my peco track pins as I seem to have lost a full packet. Once I find them however I am going to combine the track plans on here with one I made up and see if I can fit something together. Also gonna mock some card buildings up from cerial box card to see how the space pans out. I dont want to squeeze every inch of the baseboard full of track "Less is more" It really is I just need to find the perfect balance between how much track I need for the cement works etc and what I can scrap rather than just having un needed sidings. Sorry for the long waits with no pics in between but I for some reason end up finding a reason not to like every plan I lay out :(. Is it just me or do some of you guys also sometimes find you dont quite like what you drew up as a plan and scrap it ? Cheers. I really want to lay new tracks and scenery now because I need pics and I want to play trains :O hehe.

Rightey ho chaps spent the whole day ripping the old track up and laying the new layout. Yeah I finally found my track pins hehe but I have got sore fingers and burnt fingers my new gas soldering iron came in so handy though. Just need to cut some copper clad for the rail joints and lay the two mainlines at the back but overall the main cement works and shunting area is layed out. I need to get to work on ballasting now ! going to wire it all up in the next 5 miniutes and then I will upload the few snaps I took today. Thanks.

IMG_0756_zps3ea8de12.jpg

The first joint.
IMG_0758_zpsf9aa8e2e.jpg

Joint and siding with crossover installed.
IMG_0759_zps63d27715.jpg

Both lines installed at the front for the loading area and exchange point.
IMG_0757_zps22f463a1.jpg

Just showing the method I used to bridge the joints so that I could remove each board and have the dining table back Haha !!

Sorry for the grainy quality it was taken on my ipod and photobucket is stretching the resolution out abit but I should have a camera back soon.
Wiring and scenery to do next.

• 3 months later...

Been really buisy lately working my knackers off for money :) Big decission coming soon though 3 options to choose from do I 1. Move to america with my Buddy and try get our dream computer shop setup out there. 2. Do I pursue my dream of the army and go for good for a 4 year period then move out to USA. or do I even 3. of the the Scandinavian countries haha. 

Anyway for now I am playing with Arduino boards trying to make a DCC interface so I can control trains from JMRI using only an Arduino ofcourse my pc and a dcc booster :).

• 4 months later...

Okay everyone welcome down to the layout is right :D I have now had a break from rail modeling and took some time to think about things. Maybe over the past couple of years I was too Nieve as a "kid" but recently alot has changed. I am now back into the scene and killing this thread here it is at an end because Westburry Works was too large or too expensive of a project I could have ever managed to pull of especially when I was not working or not giving enough thought to the layout. I now realise I was trying to create something far too large for the space I had so it has been narrowed right down. How did I manage to cut it down and spend minimal money ? well mighty easy actually I have a clean slate of 1ft by 8ft to work with including back scenes and the best part yet it only cost me £15. It consists of a 4x8 feet sheet of 6mm MDF costing £12 and a box of 200 screws from screwfix costing something like £1.39 I had a little bit of wood lying around for some bracing but if you dont B and Q sell a 6 pack of 6 feet long el cheapo wood for simple framework and it only costs £2.16 the 6 battons are about 1 inch by half inch but they did the job (Pictures on new topic "Un Named"). As for the ramblings I think that is all I have to say for now. It has been A good one chaps and chappettes ? :D but this is the end of this topic laid to rest ready for something more serious. 

Thanks buddy if you guys head over to http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/86871-vine-junction/ that is where the new layout is making progress. 

Tonight after work at about 4pm I will be finishing the first board trackwork and starting on board 2 Once board two trackwork is finished I will drill and wire the layout up then move on to scenery hopefully the bag of ballast I have will be enough to do the layout ! there isnt going to be lots to ballast so we will see how far it goes if worse comes to worst I will just ballast and scenic one side of the layout first so I can take photographs on that side. Hope people head on over to Vine Junction and see the progress :) spread the word and enjoy my forthcoming adventure.

Archived