Bluebell model railway weekend 30 june - anyone exhibiting?

jonhall

Hampton Court MRS are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year by going for a day out on the Bluebell on Saturday, which happens to be their model railway weekend, but there is no info on the Bluebell website about what layouts/trade might be appearing - does anyone know?

Thanks,

Jon

• RMweb Gold

We will be there with 16 feet of Bourne Valley (009) at Sheffield Park. A fairly late confirmation to us. Not sure what the other layouts are.

If we have a data signal there then will post more info on Saturday.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jon,

I will be there helping with East Grinstead Town on Saturday.

I get the impression that the organisation/publicity has been a bit sparse. I understand that we (East Grinstead Town) will be at Horsted Keynes in the Carriage Sheds along with the Mid-Sussex 18.83 Group and Brighton Road and some 3mm layouts - I don't know any further details of these and there may be other layouts.

Unfortunately, with the split between Sheffield Park and Horsted Keynes it will make it difficult for layout operators to get a chance to see around the other layouts.

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

We did the show last year and were in Horstead Keynes carriage shed. Its quite a reasonable place with level floors.

Martells were outside in a Gazebo outside the carriage shed but the weather was that bad, a lot of their stock was getting wet, so they packed up Sunday morning .

Lat year we knew much further in advance but this year I think its someone else is organizing it.

Hopefully there are enough of us on the Saturday morning  to allow us to travel between the two stations but the afternoon we are very tight on operators

Ian

I have been asked to mention that Bachmann will be attending this event, with a stand in the Horstead Keynes carriage shed.

This will feature  display  cases showing items from the Bachmann/Farish ranges, along with a sales stand selling returns.

Trying to decide whether to go, the information on the Bluebell's own website is pitiful.

Yes the '33' running is a distinct pull (particularly on the Bluebell...) but I would have preferred to have been able to get a better idea of what was there.  Perhaps the model side of things is seen as a bolt-on advantage to people that would have been coming to the Bluebell anyway rather than an event in itself specifcally designed to attract people along?

It's the Bluebell! What's not to enjoy? My trip 5 weeks ago (almost 50 years since my first in 1964) was really good - they deserve everyone's support IMHO.

It's just down the road, I've been enough times not to make another trip "just for the sake of it" .  Nothing wrong with the railway per se, but £12 for a visit to a model show (with a train ride thrown in) is a lot of money.

It would just have been nice to be able to see what layouts and traders are actually there - four pictures in this thread aren't much to go by.

• RMweb Gold

Back home after two days exhibiting at the bLuebell.

I did manage a short trip to Horstead keynes. There were qite a few layoutsi n the carriage shed along with Bachamnn display case and reduced / returned items stand where I did picj up some bargains.

A few other traders in the carraige shed with Martells outside in their gazebo and other traders in the platofmr waiting rooms and under the canopirs.

Unfortunately I didnt have time to take any photos her but it was a model railway show in itself.

It sounds as if there will be more help organising the hsow for next year so watch out for a more publicity next year. Hopefully we will be there with another layout.

Ian

Archived